BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» 5 coy and 121 coy RASC Caernarvon Barracks Dusseldorf
I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime11/4/2024, 13:02 by deandarvill

» Born in BMH Hannover, lived in Hameln
I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 18:14 by Cherylburgess

» German Soldiers.
I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 10:27 by Gozoman

» Records
I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:23 by Pborn4

» Family Research Krefeld 1955-58
I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:12 by Coinneach239

» Old Soldiers over 80
I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime3/4/2024, 14:41 by Chemist

» King Alfred School.Plon.
I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:13 by Pborn4

» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:06 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 56 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 56 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser)

Go down 
+5
Bugsy
donald
gordontheglue
Paul
PeterB
9 posters
AuthorMessage
PeterB
LCpl
LCpl

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-08

I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Empty
PostSubject: I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser)   I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime8/1/2009, 12:46

Good day,

I am searching for soldiers or any other people that have been in Germany (Nienburg at the Weser).

Why do I search them ? I am from Nienburg and I am a local history
buff .

I want to know everything over my hometown and I am interested in old
photos from nienburg especially.
For example: There was an old statue in former times in Nienburg and
no one knows what happend with them.
Do you have an idea how to find people (soldiers or complete families
) that might know something about Nienburg or might even have fotos
they
would like to share with me?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Peter Bueschking
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 817
Cap Badge : R.E.M.E.
Places Served : Arborfield (Basic training), S.E.M.E. Bordon (Trade training), Barnard Castle, Hemer, Belfast (Emergency Tour), Londonderry, Munster, Brunei, Hong Kong
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Nienburg   I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime8/1/2009, 18:57

First of all Peter, may I welcome you to the Forum and hope that you will visit often.

On the subject of your post, Nienburg, we have very little in comparison to other BAOR locations (but more than some others it must be said), so it might be a little difficult to find any great detail at this time.

That said, have you tried the 24 Missile Regiment RA website? Take a look at the "Links" page on the main site.

Also, 21 Engineer Regiment RE were in Nienburg in various forms and names for a long period of time from the 1950's. It could be worth a try contacting the RE Museum to see if they might help. There are also a number of ex-RE members on the Forum who might be able to make better suggestions than I can though.

Conversely, anything you may be able to tell us about Nienburg will be most welcome, however small you may take it to be. For example, were the Barracks new, or were they there before with another name?

Now, in my best Babel Fish German Very Happy

Es nimmt viele Stücke, um ein Puzzlespiel, Peter abzuschließen.
Back to top Go down
gordontheglue
Private
Private

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser)   I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime22/4/2009, 11:05

Hi Peter,
I am hosting a reunion of 45 Field Support Squadron in May, the squadron was located in Nienburg for around 40 years and I know that one of the people attending is a keen historian. Can I ask you to send me a short (1 page) note explaining what sort of things you're looking for, so I can advertise your details at the reunion?

Mit freundlichen grossen (if my memory of German isn't too terrible?)

Gordon
Back to top Go down
donald
WOI
WOI

Number of posts : 156
Cap Badge : 1st The Royal Dragoons - The Blues and Royals (RHG/D)
Places Served : UK,BOAR,Egypt
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser)   I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime22/4/2009, 15:07

If my memory serves me right the BAOR Church House was in Nienburg and I took many a party there from Wolfenbüttel where they tried to make better Christians of some of us.And Peter I think its great to have you on here,hope you get plenty of response!

Best wishes
Freundlichen Grüssen

----
Don
Back to top Go down
Bugsy
Sgt
Sgt
Bugsy

Number of posts : 25
Cap Badge : RAMC
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser)   I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime20/5/2009, 00:34

Lieber Peter,

ich würde an deiner Stelle folgendermaßen vorgehen: Zuerst ausfindig machen, welche Einheiten in der ganzen Zeit dort stationiert waren, und sie dann einzeln kontaktieren und um Informationen/Erinnerungen bzw. Bilder bitten.

Diese Angaben unterliegen nach so langer Zeit nicht mehr der Geheimhaltung und sind somit öffentlich zugänglich. Die Kameraden hier werden dir dabei sicherlich behilflich sein.

Ich wünsche dir viel Erfolg mit deinem Vorhaben.

MsG
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Places Served : Arborfield (Basic training), S.E.M.E. Bordon (Trade training), Barnard Castle, Hemer, Belfast (Emergency Tour), Londonderry, Munster, Brunei, Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser)   I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime17/11/2009, 16:20

PeterB wrote:
Good day,

I am searching for soldiers or any other people that have been in Germany (Nienburg at the Weser).

Why do I search them ? I am from Nienburg and I am a local history
buff .

I want to know everything over my hometown and I am interested in old
photos from nienburg especially.
For example: There was an old statue in former times in Nienburg and
no one knows what happend with them.
Do you have an idea how to find people (soldiers or complete families
) that might know something about Nienburg or might even have fotos
they
would like to share with me?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Peter Bueschking

Peter,

Any joy in your quest?

Paul.
Back to top Go down
PeterB
LCpl
LCpl

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser)   I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime24/1/2010, 23:29

[quote="Paul"]
PeterB wrote:
Good day,

I
Peter,

Any joy in your quest?

Paul.

Thanks for all your help. Yes, I really found one man who was here in the 50th and he sent me wonderful old pictures from my hometown...

Internet is wonderful !!!

But if you have more ............. please contact me.

Peter
Back to top Go down
Paul
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser)   I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime24/1/2010, 23:36

[quote="PeterB"]
Paul wrote:
PeterB wrote:
Good day,

I
Peter,

Any joy in your quest?

Paul.

Thanks for all your help. Yes, I really found one man who was here in the 50th and he sent me wonderful old pictures from my hometown...

Internet is wonderful !!!

But if you have more ............. please contact me.

Peter

Peter,

That is excellent news, I am happy for you. I would also be interested in any photographs you may have been sent, especially if they have a military connection.

You could also try contacting the owner of a website on the links page on the main site. Look for "British Army in Hameln". Arnd may be able to assist you as well.

Regards,

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Speedbird
Private
Private

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2020-07-14

PostSubject: Searching David John Dulling stationed 65/66 in Nienburg   I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime14/7/2020, 09:32

Hello together,
my Name is Marc and I'm looking for my Dad. He was stationed in the area of 66 in Nienburg. My Mother was called Sigrun Steinike .
I was born on november 1966. My fathers birthday should be 08.11.1934.

By chance I came across this interesting site. Unfortunately, I received little information from my mother about my father. Unfortunately I can not name a unit, he was tall and slim and has dark hair. His name is David John Dulling and must have served in Nienburg at least from 1965 to 1966 and probably even longer. His date of birth is said to be November 8, 1934. I never met my father and would like to get some information from former comrades or even get in touch with him. As it seems to me, there are some in this forum, it is about finding out your own identity.

I would be grateful for any support or a central point of contact for the Army.

Sincerely yours

Marc
Back to top Go down
Speedbird
Private
Private

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2020-07-14

PostSubject: Searching David John Dulling based Nienburg barracks 1966   I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime14/7/2020, 09:36

Hello together,
my Name is Marc and I'm looking for my Dad. He was stationed in the area of 66 in Nienburg. My Mother was called Sigrun Steinike .
I was born on november 1966. My fathers birthday should be 08.11.1934.

By chance I came across this interesting site. Unfortunately, I received little information from my mother about my father. Unfortunately I can not name a unit, he was tall and slim and has dark hair. His name is David John Dulling and must have served in Nienburg at least from 1965 to 1966 and probably even longer. His date of birth is said to be November 8, 1934. I never met my father and would like to get some information from former comrades or even get in touch with him. As it seems to me, there are some in this forum, it is about finding out your own identity.

I would be grateful for any support or a central point of contact for the Army.

Sincerely yours

Marc
Back to top Go down
recce83
Maj
Maj
recce83

Number of posts : 238
Cap Badge : Black Watch of Canada
Places Served : 4 CIBG Soest and Werl 1957-1965, Camp Borden, Camp Gagetown
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser)   I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime30/7/2020, 19:36

According to the "Locations" section on this web site, a Royal Engineer unit was located at Assaye Barracks from 1950 to 1978, so there's a good chance that you could visit a RE Association website if they have one and enquire there.
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser)   I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime31/7/2020, 07:28

There are various agencies in the UK who may be able to assist you in your search, this one could be a starting point:-

https://www.redcross.org.uk/get-help/find-missing-family/where-else-to-get-help-finding-missing-family##
Back to top Go down
Madman
Private
Private

Number of posts : 3
Cap Badge : RAF
Places Served : Bunde, Nienburg, WBS Hamm, Leeming, RAF Bruggen, Brize Norton, RAF Gutersloh, RAF Abingdon, RAF St Athan, RAF Wyton
Registration date : 2022-05-04

PostSubject: Re: I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser)   I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime4/5/2022, 12:34

I was there as a kid. My father was RCT. We lived in Am Mahnenkamp I think. My dad left the army while stationed in Nienburg or in Liebenau and we had a house built in Liebenau. My first ever job was working in a sawmill called "Stolle" in Nienburg. I left there at 17 to join the RAF.

Celle1974 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser)   I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am searching for people that have been in Nienburg(Weser)
Page 1 of 1