BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
Things you got away with Icon_minitime19/3/2024, 10:10 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
Things you got away with Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Things you got away with Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Things you got away with Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Things you got away with Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Things you got away with Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Things you got away with Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
Things you got away with Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Things you got away with Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
Things you got away with Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
Things you got away with Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
Things you got away with Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
Things you got away with Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
Things you got away with Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
Things you got away with Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 43 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 43 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Things you got away with

Go down 
+2
jerry
Teabag
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Teabag

Number of posts : 960
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Wildenrath Detmold
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Things you got away with Empty
PostSubject: Things you got away with   Things you got away with Icon_minitime17/9/2010, 13:34

Got crashed out for 24 hours or so once. Rebro up in the hills as usual. Endex came so we packed up and got ready to go. My mate driving the 432 and me commanding. He decides it would be fun to take it down a steep hill instead of going down the track the long way around..

"You're not going down that f****** thing are you"? says I rather nervously. Guess who never switched from the command frequency to intercom?

Nothing was ever said so I assume at endex they all switched off immediately and buggered off to the NAAFI?
Back to top Go down
jerry
WOI
WOI
jerry

Number of posts : 186
Cap Badge : RASC/RCT
Places Served : Dortmund/Hameln/ Malaya FARELF Marchwood Aldershot Yeovil
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Things you got away with   Things you got away with Icon_minitime17/9/2010, 18:36

I was in the MT sheds stencilling a No Smoking sign with a fag in my mouth. The OC walked past, needless to say I quickly stood on the fag.
He took a double take, and said,
" Something's wrong !" I quickly replied," It's spelt correct Sir."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things you got away with   Things you got away with Icon_minitime18/9/2010, 20:33

While "attached " to a certain Aircraft Workshop ,I was duty driver on the day of our Christmas Dinner.Had one too many, went to my pit, forgetting that I had to pick up the O.C at 1830 hrs that evening to take him to a function downtown. Got up about, 1915,rushed down to the Duty Room and enquired if the OC had called. Yes I was told,and he got a lift to the townhall, but he gave instructions to keep you here until he calls for you. Tired of waiting ,at around 0030 I decided to drive down to the Town Hall and wait on OC there. After making a few enquiries I was told that the OC had left for home since 2200.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things you got away with   Things you got away with Icon_minitime18/9/2010, 20:38

On an exercise somewhere in Germany, the Company crossed a field of spuds and the farmer came out shouting for compensation. The OC dismounted from his 432 and ordered the rest of the company to help themselves to the potatoes now owned by Army.
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Things you got away with   Things you got away with Icon_minitime18/9/2010, 21:37

Newly arrived in Nienburg, a pimply 18 - year old, I was due to go on guard on a Saturday night.
I went down town on the afternoon, drank too much and consumed a Bockwurst. Arriving back in camp I went to sleep and was woken by my mates, dressed and shoved on Guard Mounting.
Standing there, waiting for the Orderly Sergeant's inspection, I felt the Bocky wanting to renew our acquaintance. I asked the Guard Commander if I might fall out and leave the contents of my stomach on the flower beds. The NCO replied "F****** shut up, stand still".
I promptly threw up, splashing his best boots. Clearly, I was doomed.
Amazingly, I was awarded Stick Man and bedded down in one of the cells.
I never, ever got Stick Man again.
Bockwurst BAD, Bratwurst GOOD !

brum
Back to top Go down
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Teabag

Number of posts : 960
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Wildenrath Detmold
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Things you got away with   Things you got away with Icon_minitime19/9/2010, 08:38

brum wrote:

Newly arrived in Nienburg, a pimply 18 - year old, I was due to go on guard on a Saturday night.
I went down town on the afternoon, drank too much and consumed a Bockwurst. Arriving back in camp I went to sleep and was woken by my mates, dressed and shoved on Guard Mounting.
Standing there, waiting for the Orderly Sergeant's inspection, I felt the Bocky wanting to renew our acquaintance. I asked the Guard Commander if I might fall out and leave the contents of my stomach on the flower beds. The NCO replied "F****** shut up, stand still".
I promptly threw up, splashing his best boots. Clearly, I was doomed.
Amazingly, I was awarded Stick Man and bedded down in one of the cells.
I never, ever got Stick Man again.
Bockwurst BAD, Bratwurst GOOD !

brum

Sure it wasn't sick man and you were put in one of the cells? Made me laugh but bet it wasn't funny at the time.
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Things you got away with   Things you got away with Icon_minitime19/9/2010, 09:16

Oh, you're wrong there mate, the rest of the guard thought it was hilarious !
Back to top Go down
handler 69
WOI
WOI
handler 69

Number of posts : 160
Cap Badge : RACT
Places Served : Army Reserve TA
Registration date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Things you got away with   Things you got away with Icon_minitime19/9/2010, 10:48

Once put a python in the Squadron's majors Unimog...was quite funny as he shot it and got a bollicking from the CO as they are an endangered species Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.tassietanks.com
jim
Let Gen
Let Gen
jim

Number of posts : 1291
Cap Badge : RAOC
Places Served : Dad, Hamburg, Bad Oeynhausen, Iserlohn, Bury, Osnabruck, Worcester. Me Detmold, Bielefeld, NI, HK
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Things you got away with   Things you got away with Icon_minitime20/9/2010, 13:32

We had a Major who's pet Labrador would eat anything, one day it came in the office and spewed a complete package of sausages, still wrapped in their cellophane. We didn't mind that but the Major refused to come and clear it up. Next day we fed the dog a bar of ex lax and locked it in his office. That was fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
jim
Let Gen
Let Gen
jim

Places Served : Dad, Hamburg, Bad Oeynhausen, Iserlohn, Bury, Osnabruck, Worcester. Me Detmold, Bielefeld, NI, HK

PostSubject: Re: Things you got away with   Things you got away with Icon_minitime20/9/2010, 13:34

Oh and er, the same trick on an exercise with a snotty Life Guards subby who was attached to us for a bit. He took his in a nice warm mug of hot chocolate. Smile

You don't piss your clerks off.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Stephen Lock

Number of posts : 937
Cap Badge : Pads Brat
Places Served : Father -- Canadian Army. Served Hemer, Soest, and Wetter
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Things you got away with   Things you got away with Icon_minitime20/9/2010, 18:15

gallahad wrote:
While "attached " to a certain Aircraft Workshop ,I was duty driver on the day of our Christmas Dinner.Had one too many, went to my pit, forgetting that I had to pick up the O.C at 1830 hrs that evening to take him to a function downtown. Got up about, 1915,rushed down to the Duty Room and enquired if the OC had called. Yes I was told,and he got a lift to the townhall, but he gave instructions to keep you here until he calls for you. Tired of waiting ,at around 0030 I decided to drive down to the Town Hall and wait on OC there. After making a few enquiries I was told that the OC had left for home since 2200.

Hmmmm....doesn't sound to me like you "got away with it" at all but rather the OC gave you an object lesson. Just think what he could have done! Having you cool your heels for a few hours, while he enjoyed his function then toddled off home, was a pretty fair pay-back, I'd say! Some would have sent whoever would be responsible for such duties to search you out, drag your sodden butt out of your cot and make an example of you somehow. Good story though!!
Back to top Go down
Stephen Lock
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Stephen Lock

Number of posts : 937
Cap Badge : Pads Brat
Places Served : Father -- Canadian Army. Served Hemer, Soest, and Wetter
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Things you got away with   Things you got away with Icon_minitime20/9/2010, 18:21

jim wrote:
We had a Major who's pet Labrador would eat anything, one day it came in the office and spewed a complete package of sausages, still wrapped in their cellophane. We didn't mind that but the Major refused to come and clear it up. Next day we fed the dog a bar of ex lax and locked it in his office. That was fun. Smile

Nasty!!! LOL LOL

Apart from the responsibilities of owning a dog -- and cleaning up after it if it has an 'accident' etc., your Major sounds a real twit. I'm wondering what the outcome, so to speak, of the Ex Lax episode was....well, I know what the "outcome" was, I meant what was Major's reaction/response to discovering said "outcome." Even a twit of a Major would be able to connect the dots between his not cleaning up his dog's sick in your office and the mess he'd discover in his own. If he was smart, he'd suck it up, clean it up, and shut up about it....but I have a sense he may not have! So....what is the sequel to this story?
Back to top Go down
jim
Let Gen
Let Gen
jim

PostSubject: Re: Things you got away with   Things you got away with Icon_minitime21/9/2010, 08:54

He cleaned up and was very nice to us after Stephen, I suspect the Brigade Major had a hand in that. Smile

The subby on the other hand tried to complain to the G (Ops) and was laughed at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things you got away with   Things you got away with Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things you got away with
Page 1 of 1