BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime19/3/2024, 10:10 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 67 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 67 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Waterloo Barracks,Munster

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike_2817
LE Maj
LE Maj
Mike_2817

Number of posts : 643
Cap Badge : RAOC
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Waterloo Barracks,Munster Empty
PostSubject: Waterloo Barracks,Munster   Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime15/10/2010, 21:58

You have received the following message through the Contact Us form on your Microsoft Office Live Small Business Web site:

I notice there are gaps in army units stationed at Waterloo Barracks,Munster. I served with the R A P C and was attached to 1st Bn York & Lancaster and the regimented relocated from Wavell Barracks Berlin to Waterloo Barracks in November 1960; remaining there until November 1962 when they transferred to Saighton Camp ,Chester in November 1962.

Private
Private
paddyryan

Number of posts : 4
Cap Badge : The Devonshire and Dorset Regiment
Places Served : Munster, Osnabruck, Larzac France, Berlin, Denmark, Libya, Malta, Cyprus, N.Ireland x 2, Sardinia, Gillinham Kent, Belize, POW Depot Exeter, POW Depot Crickhowell Wales.
Registration date : 2011-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Waterloo Barracks,Munster   Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime6/11/2011, 16:16

Mike_2817 wrote:
You have received the following message through the Contact Us form on your Microsoft Office Live Small Business Web site:

I notice there are gaps in army units stationed at Waterloo Barracks,Munster. I served with the R A P C and was attached to 1st Bn York & Lancaster and the regimented relocated from Wavell Barracks Berlin to Waterloo Barracks in November 1960; remaining there until November 1962 when they transferred to Saighton Camp ,Chester in November 1962.

I also notice that there is a gap 1965 to 1967!!! The 1st Bn. the Devonshire and Dorset Regiment (Bloody 11th) were stationed there during that time. After training I was posted to my unit there in October 1966 which was 1DandD's.
Beside us there was The 15th/19th kings Own Hussars in Buller Barracks. the Sherwood Forrester's were in Swinton Barracks across the huge playing fields and the Green Jackets were at Oxford Barracks near to the BMH.
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Waterloo Barracks,Munster   Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime6/11/2011, 21:31

[/quote]

I also notice that there is a gap 1965 to 1967!!! The 1st Bn. the Devonshire and Dorset Regiment (Bloody 11th) were stationed there during that time. After training I was posted to my unit there in October 1966 which was 1DandD's.
Beside us there was The 15th/19th kings Own Hussars in Buller Barracks. the Sherwood Forrester's were in Swinton Barracks across the huge playing fields and the Green Jackets were at Oxford Barracks near to the BMH.[/quote]

My regt (2nd Field RA) were also in Muenster at that time.

We were in a dump called Portsmouth Bks, on Hoherheckenweg and a lot of us lived in the brand new Interbau married quarters, in Coerde.

My battery was Close Support Battery for the Foresters.

Battle Group Training was carried out in Libya in those days!
Back to top Go down
paddyryan
Private
Private
paddyryan

Places Served : Munster, Osnabruck, Larzac France, Berlin, Denmark, Libya, Malta, Cyprus, N.Ireland x 2, Sardinia, Gillinham Kent, Belize, POW Depot Exeter, POW Depot Crickhowell Wales.

PostSubject: Re: Waterloo Barracks,Munster   Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime6/11/2011, 22:50

brum wrote:

Beside us there was The 15th/19th kings Own Hussars in Buller Barracks. the Sherwood Forrester's were in Swinton Barracks across the huge playing fields and the Green Jackets were at Oxford Barracks near to the BMH.[/quote]

My regt (2nd Field RA) were also in Muenster at that time.

We were in a dump called Portsmouth Bks, on Hoherheckenweg and a lot of us lived in the brand new Interbau married quarters, in Coerde.

My battery was Close Support Battery for the Foresters.

Battle Group Training was carried out in Libya in those days![/quote]

Thanks for that....yes I remember you guys but couldn't remember your RA number!!!
Do you remember the mass bands ....you could hear it for miles!!!!

Yes Libya was the Battle Group live firing area! When we were there in 1967 we got caught up in the 6 day war ...Israel v Egypt....Enniskillen Dragon guards lost two guys when their Ferret was petrol bombed in Benghazi. My Coy was just into the Battle Run when we were called back and had to dash to Benghazi to support the Anglians there and the Dragons who were under sever pressure. The rest of our Battalion had got there before us and after traveling across the Roman road to avoid Dernah over night ...we were ordered back to RAF El Adam. We then along with 15th/19th Squadron and your battery prepared for a real Battle....we were called 'Zebra force' (should have been Camel) and our task was that if the positions in Benghazi were attacked by the Algerians who were in Libya we were to head across the desert as a Battle group to take them on!!! As it happened nothing did and we enjoyed an extended tour there and we dismantled the ABU in the Desert and packed it off to Cyprus from Tobruck!!! Nearly three months in Libya and 10 days in Malta for our trouble.....happy days.
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Waterloo Barracks,Munster   Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime7/11/2011, 17:38

That would've been "O" Bty. They rotated with us and walked smack into it all !

We had neighbours from the Devon & Dorsets in the flat next door to us.
The name was Avery, he might've been Terry. They were from Plymouth and had two little girls (or "maids", as they said it). Nice, quiet couple.

The thing is, at this time my wife and I were suffering from a terrible, burning itching. It turned out that we had scabies. We were horrified. It turned out that the D&D had picked the scabies up while they were in Larzac, our neighbour's children infected our son while they were playing and the parasite passed to us.

Apparently the D&D picked it up from bedding in Larzac.
Back to top Go down
pinky
Capt
Capt

Number of posts : 208
Cap Badge : 14th/20th Kings Hussars - KRH
Places Served : In BAOR : Hohne,Berlin and Munster.
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Waterloo Barracks,Munster   Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime7/11/2011, 23:26

hi Mike_2817,
How did a regt. like the York and Lancasters get along ?? Under normal circumstances it would of been another 'war of the roses'..........or not ??
atb
pinky
HUSSAR
Back to top Go down
paddyryan
Private
Private
paddyryan

PostSubject: Re: Waterloo Barracks,Munster   Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime8/11/2011, 00:22

brum wrote:

That would've been "O" Bty. They rotated with us and walked smack into it all !

We had neighbours from the Devon & Dorsets in the flat next door to us.
The name was Avery, he might've been Terry. They were from Plymouth and had two little girls (or "maids", as they said it). Nice, quiet couple.

The thing is, at this time my wife and I were suffering from a terrible, burning itching. It turned out that we had scabies. We were horrified. It turned out that the D&D had picked the scabies up while they were in Larzac, our neighbour's children infected our son while they were playing and the parasite passed to us.

Apparently the D&D picked it up from bedding in Larzac.

your memory is not failing you!!! Yes Terry Avery....and thats not all that was contracted in Larzac ha ha!!! Yes ...the scabies were a bad dose to get!!! I got them in Malta when we were stationed there 1970 -71. I slept in a strange bed out of camp and I paid for it!!!! Back then it was liquid DDT that burnt you in sensitive areas ha ha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waterloo Barracks,Munster   Waterloo Barracks,Munster Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waterloo Barracks,Munster
Page 1 of 1