BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» 5 coy and 121 coy RASC Caernarvon Barracks Dusseldorf
Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime11/4/2024, 13:02 by deandarvill

» Born in BMH Hannover, lived in Hameln
Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 18:14 by Cherylburgess

» German Soldiers.
Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 10:27 by Gozoman

» Records
Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:23 by Pborn4

» Family Research Krefeld 1955-58
Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:12 by Coinneach239

» Old Soldiers over 80
Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime3/4/2024, 14:41 by Chemist

» King Alfred School.Plon.
Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:13 by Pborn4

» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:06 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 67 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 67 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?

Go down 
+17
Cliffo
"john boy"
lab1950
gingerjim
Wilf
ciphers
Dulaigh
steve
brum
Dee Z
cartav
Shelldrake
Nobby
Les Pattenden
rucjock21
Hardrations
pete26
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 890-95

Number of posts : 939
Cap Badge : acc
Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/5/2013, 14:38

Eric England wrote:
Chemist wrote:
The officers of the QRIH had a wooden horse in a cage in York barracks to practice their polo strokes. They were a funny bunch in their "Harrods Green " mess jackets. Very handy at lobbing thunder flashes in their temporary sleeping quarters in the Garrison mess in 1984.
One lad went on leave to Argentina to buy polo ponies. Happy days!

They seemed to like messing with fireworks both large and small, one officer blew out the rear wall of the mess in Paderborn playing with fireworks LOL, yes happy days.

Fireworks ha ha ha my old man back in '77 was doing a display for the families ( SLoopys did a spiffing BBQ) whenhe was walking past an M F O box full of fireworks (no health and safety to worry about back then) and he dropped a lighting taper in the box ther were 4 boxes all next to each other well the fireworks display was spectacular to say the least even though it only lasted about 2 minuets leaving 4 smouldering boxes a load of hysterical mums and kids and a load of pissed up squaddies laughing their tits off like i said the sloppies did spiffing good BBQ happy days lol!
Back to top Go down
Eric England
Maj
Maj
Eric England

Number of posts : 232
Cap Badge : REME 1972 - 1984
Places Served : Arborfield, Deepcut Camberley 25 Lt Regt Catterick/NI, 4 Lt Regt Catterick/NI, 655 Sqn AAC Detmold, QRIH Padderbon, 9/12 Lancers Muenster, 655 Tank Tptr Sqn Fallingbostel, HQ REME 3rd Armd Div Korbecke, SEE Arborfield, HQ REME Trg Center Arborfield.
Registration date : 2013-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime6/5/2013, 15:07

"john boy" wrote:
Eric England wrote:
Chemist wrote:
The officers of the QRIH had a wooden horse in a cage in York barracks to practice their polo strokes. They were a funny bunch in their "Harrods Green " mess jackets. Very handy at lobbing thunder flashes in their temporary sleeping quarters in the Garrison mess in 1984.

They seemed to like messing with fireworks both large and small, one officer blew out the rear wall of the mess in Paderborn playing with fireworks LOL, yes happy days.

Fireworks ha ha ha my old man back in '77 was doing a display for the families ( SLoopys did a spiffing BBQ) whenhe was walking past an M F O box full of fireworks (no health and safety to worry about back then) and he dropped a lighting taper in the box ther were 4 boxes all next to each other well the fireworks display was spectacular to say the least even though it only lasted about 2 minuets leaving 4 smouldering boxes a load of hysterical mums and kids and a load of pissed up squaddies laughing their tits off like i said the sloppies did spiffing good BBQ happy days lol!

I see we both left the forces in 82, maybe the fireworks were bad that year, still I found China and boy do I have some BIG fireworks now, scuse me whilst I go and blow another mountain away.
Back to top Go down
Hussar100
WOII
WOII
Hussar100

Number of posts : 89
Cap Badge : QRIH/UDR
Places Served : NI, GB, BAOR
Registration date : 2013-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime9/5/2013, 16:41

Eric England wrote:
Chemist wrote:

Something tells me that might have been Capt Carew?
Back to top Go down
Eric England
Maj
Maj
Eric England

Places Served : Arborfield, Deepcut Camberley 25 Lt Regt Catterick/NI, 4 Lt Regt Catterick/NI, 655 Sqn AAC Detmold, QRIH Padderbon, 9/12 Lancers Muenster, 655 Tank Tptr Sqn Fallingbostel, HQ REME 3rd Armd Div Korbecke, SEE Arborfield, HQ REME Trg Center Arborfield.

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime9/5/2013, 16:44

Hussar100 wrote:
Eric England wrote:
Chemist wrote:

The name does ring a bell, but after all these years I cannot be sure.
Back to top Go down
Hussar100
WOII
WOII
Hussar100

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime9/5/2013, 16:56

Eric England wrote:
Hussar100 wrote:
Eric England wrote:
Chemist wrote:

The name does ring a bell, but after all these years I cannot be sure.

It would have been typical of him. Were you there when Ray Lawley blew the windows out in the Sgts Mess during the 1812 Overture?

The officers were a mad bunch when left alone in the mess though. The high-jinks continued long after we moved to England and back to Germany after that.

Did you make the move to Tidworth? I don't remember you from Warninster with the Big C. Did you know we have a "Fitters Troop" in the OCA?
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime9/5/2013, 17:56

[quote="Chemist"]The officers of the QRIH had a wooden horse in a cage in York barracks to practice their polo strokes. They were a funny bunch in their "Harrods Green " mess jackets. Very handy at lobbing thunder flashes in their temporary sleeping quarters in the Garrison mess in 1984.

When it came to devastating the mess, our Ruperts found that a brisk game of Mess Rugger was sufficient. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime9/5/2013, 22:24

[quote="brum"]
Chemist wrote:

When it came to devastating the mess, our Ruperts found that a brisk game of Mess Rugger was sufficient. Rolling Eyes

Yes and they seemed to get away with it but if it had happened in the other ranks mess charges would be brought against those responsible "Damned bad show R S M charges all round what" lol!
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime9/5/2013, 22:30

Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Buckingham-palace-3

I say chaps what do you reckon to some mess rugger in here ....our new officers mess Her Majesty is moving down the road lol!
Back to top Go down
Eric England
Maj
Maj
Eric England

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/5/2013, 02:55

Quote :
It would have been typical of him. Were you there when Ray Lawley blew the windows out in the Sgts Mess during the 1812 Overture?

The officers were a mad bunch when left alone in the mess though. The high-jinks continued long after we moved to England and back to Germany after that.

Did you make the move to Tidworth? I don't remember you from Warninster with the Big C. Did you know we have a "Fitters Troop" in the OCA?

I was only with them in Paderborn, I was there during the silver jubilee, whenever that was and then moved to the LAD of the 9/12 Lancers in Munster. When it came to crazy officers the cavalry regiments had more than their share.

Having said that the Army Air Corps had a few fruit loops as well lol!
Back to top Go down
Eric England
Maj
Maj
Eric England

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/5/2013, 02:56

"john boy" wrote:
Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Buckingham-palace-3

I say chaps what do you reckon to some mess rugger in here ....our new officers mess Her Majesty is moving down the road lol!

Blimey that is a huge rugger field, yipeee.
Back to top Go down
Hussar100
WOII
WOII
Hussar100

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/5/2013, 15:08

Eric England wrote:
Quote :

I was only with them in Paderborn, I was there during the silver jubilee, whenever that was and then moved to the LAD of the 9/12 Lancers in Munster. When it came to crazy officers the cavalry regiments had more than their share.

Did you stay on with the 17/21st at Swinton Kaserne Eric?

We used to say that when it came to high-jinks it was classed as "hooliganism" amongst OR's but "high spirits" when it came to officers living in.
Back to top Go down
Eric England
Maj
Maj
Eric England

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/5/2013, 15:23

Hussar100 wrote:
Eric England wrote:
Quote :

We used to say that when it came to high-jinks it was classed as "hooliganism" amongst OR's but "high spirits" when it came to officers living in.

By the time I had found my way through the QRIH and the Lancers the manning office decided I needed to meet real drinkers and the barstuards posted me to 16 Tank Tptr Sqn in Fallingbostel and there I met the polish workers (MSO), boy they could make the jinks of any officers/sgts mess look like childs play.

They were all old men, straight out of the case books of WWII but they still kicked some shit around. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Hussar100
WOII
WOII
Hussar100

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/5/2013, 15:30

Eric England wrote:
Hussar100 wrote:
Eric England wrote:
Quote :

By the time I had found my way through the QRIH and the Lancers the manning office decided I needed to meet real drinkers and the barstuards posted me to 16 Tank Tptr Sqn in Fallingbostel and there I met the polish workers (MSO), boy they could make the jinks of any officers/sgts mess look like childs play.

They were all old men, straight out of the case books of WWII but they still kicked some shit around. Shocked

Ah, the famous MoJo's. Worked with them a couple of times. What a unique outfit. They'd set up camp on the parade square then drink themselves insensible before loading the panzers up the next day.

Now that MUST be a posting to remember!
Back to top Go down
Eric England
Maj
Maj
Eric England

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/5/2013, 15:46

Hussar100 wrote:
Eric England wrote:
Hussar100 wrote:
Eric England wrote:
Quote :

Ah, the famous MoJo's. Worked with them a couple of times. What a unique outfit. They'd set up camp on the parade square then drink themselves insensible before loading the panzers up the next day.

Now that MUST be a posting to remember!

It sure was. We had one old boy who did the canvasse covers for the transporters and he had his own little shop, the walls were covered with photo's from WWII and I spent a whole day in that dungeon with him going through his entire history of the war, oh and three bottles of blue Vodka along the way.

Just sitting in there talking to him the whole war seemed so recent and real, you would not get that feeling watching a movie, nor would it be real. He was the real thing and he spent time in Bergen Belsen.

After this posting the manning office, in their lack of wisdom, promoted me to Sgt and sent me off to HQ REME 3rd Armd div in Korbecke, by which time I was almost an alcoholic bom
Back to top Go down
Hussar100
WOII
WOII
Hussar100

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/5/2013, 15:54

Eric England wrote:
It sure was. We had one old boy who did the canvasse covers for the transporters and he had his own little shop, the walls were covered with photo's from WWII and I spent a whole day in that dungeon with him going through his entire history of the war, oh and three bottles of blue Vodka along the way.

Just sitting in there talking to him the whole war seemed so recent and real, you would not get that feeling watching a movie, nor would it be real. He was the real thing and he spent time in Bergen Belsen.

After this posting the manning office, in their lack of wisdom, promoted me to Sgt and sent me off to HQ REME 3rd Armd div in Korbecke, by which time I was almost an alcoholic bom

Blue label vodka would have been unheard of in the UK at that time I'm nearly sure?

It's true though; a lot of those MoJo's had been to hell and back in WW2. I suppose they're all dead or at least retired now. Another rich chapter in the history of BAOR gone.

I've never even been to Korbecke so I can't say anything about the place but I'll be the routine was a bit less slavish than belonging to a regimental LAD?
Back to top Go down
Eric England
Maj
Maj
Eric England

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/5/2013, 16:14

Quote :
Blue label vodka would have been unheard of in the UK at that time I'm nearly sure?

It's true though; a lot of those MoJo's had been to hell and back in WW2. I suppose they're all dead or at least retired now. Another rich chapter in the history of BAOR gone.

I've never even been to Korbecke so I can't say anything about the place but I'll be the routine was a bit less slavish than belonging to a regimental LAD?

The Div HQ was the silver platter stuff in comparison, I was the REME side Chief Clerk and I had a WO1 super clerk over me, apart from that it was all Officers. On exercise we had two radio villages, one forward and one step up in the rear, they would alternate as we advanced, ie they leap frog each other to keep coms working whilst the HQ was on the move, all interesting stuff and new to me.

We had cutlery and real plates in the tented dining area, alas no candle lit dinners LOL. Food was fit for a Queen, but hey the Officers smell just as bad on ex as we OR's. On ex I had two roles, driver and radio stags with the officers. Great fun and I learned a lot of what most of us grunts do not see.

I cannot remember the name of the Kersene but it overlooked the Mohnesee damm and was a spectacular place. I kept waiting for the damm busters to fly over LOL.

I hated the duty clerk bit as the COS and the GOC were a pain in the butt, so I used to do ROS instead, not that the RSM was happy about it.
Back to top Go down
Hussar100
WOII
WOII
Hussar100

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/5/2013, 16:18

Yep, that's downside of being attached at Bde level or above - too many chiefs and not enough indians. Of course you being of the snco persuasion were maybe too noticable. OR's could probably be almost invisible.
Back to top Go down
Eric England
Maj
Maj
Eric England

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime11/5/2013, 02:12

Hussar100 wrote:
Yep, that's downside of being attached at Bde level or above - too many chiefs and not enough indians. Of course you being of the snco persuasion were maybe too noticable. OR's could probably be almost invisible.

Withing the HQ itself I never saw an OR, lots of civilians.
Back to top Go down
Hussar100
WOII
WOII
Hussar100

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime11/5/2013, 14:15

Eric England wrote:
Hussar100 wrote:

See what I mean - invisible lol.
Back to top Go down
Eric England
Maj
Maj
Eric England

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime11/5/2013, 14:37

Hussar100 wrote:
Eric England wrote:
Hussar100 wrote:

See what I mean - invisible lol.

Well there was one Lance jack who was the driver for CREME but he messed his ticket when he got involved with my filing clerk, and her husband was a SSGT in the supporting signal regiment. As half the regiment wanted his head on a stick, he was posted post haste. Little barstuard, I had to drive CREME about BAOR whilst a new driver could be found.

CREME joked for a long time after about having a Sgt driver, how embarrasing.
Back to top Go down
Hussar100
WOII
WOII
Hussar100

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime11/5/2013, 14:43

Have you checked out our OCA Fitters Troop yet? A guy called John Sefton is I/C. Don't remember him myself but you might.
Back to top Go down
Eric England
Maj
Maj
Eric England

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime11/5/2013, 15:05

Hussar100 wrote:
Have you checked out our OCA Fitters Troop yet? A guy called John Sefton is I/C. Don't remember him myself but you might.

Sorry never heard of him but then I left the Army in 82, that is over 20 years ago so most of the chaps I knew will be out by now.
Back to top Go down
Hussar100
WOII
WOII
Hussar100

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime11/5/2013, 15:12

You get a lot of the Paderborn REME going to these gigs though. The posting has assumed almost legendary status. If you login at http://qrh-crossbelts.com/ you'll find Bob Peden there, Jim McLucas, George Moores and a few others.

Waheyy - I can now post links! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?   Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shameful acts by officers or senior nco's ?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4