BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955?
MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955? Icon_minitimeToday at 15:48 by alan8376

» Pete & Madge formerly of Bolton, Soest and Fallingbostel
MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955? Icon_minitimeToday at 08:32 by alan8376

» Have you heard of a place called SCHMIEDE?
MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955? Icon_minitimeToday at 01:40 by Pborn4

» Woodsford - or descended from that name, 1951
MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 18:52 by Zloty

» Long shot Hildesheim 1964
MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 18:14 by JGW

» Family member
MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 15:13 by Lisabonet1999

» I'm looking for information about my grandfather
MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:53 by Gozoman

» Calling all R.A. members, and anyone with possible details
MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955? Icon_minitime16/9/2024, 09:14 by Mikeh

» Do you know this place - Bothfeld Kaserne
MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955? Icon_minitime11/9/2024, 10:44 by steve

» Barker Bks, (prev. Panzer Viking!) Driburgerstr, Paderborn
MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955? Icon_minitime11/9/2024, 08:46 by steve

» Horrocks Barracks, Schloss Neuhaus
MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955? Icon_minitime11/9/2024, 08:42 by steve

» Soldiers Pensions
MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955? Icon_minitime6/9/2024, 00:09 by Pborn4

» RAPA, Bad Lippspringer
MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955? Icon_minitime3/9/2024, 08:33 by Dee Z

» Polish Air Force
MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955? Icon_minitime2/9/2024, 22:51 by Pborn4

» NAAFI to be closed
MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955? Icon_minitime1/9/2024, 19:07 by Pborn4

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 61 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 61 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
September 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
greenjacketbrat
Private
Private

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2024-03-17

MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955? Empty
PostSubject: MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955?   MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955? Icon_minitimeToday at 12:01

My Dad, Bernard Koorlander, also known as 'Corky' was based in Munster in the early 1950s and my mother, young baby sister, and I eventually joined him there in 1955. I remember a lot about the place, as a 5 year old, predominantly starting school in the Barracks, I think it was the large building on the left just inside the main entrance. I recall the playground had a slope downhill behind it onto an open field area, and the bank was planted with Silver Birch Trees. We live in married quarters off- camp in a street which was next to another part of the military base, which had a large hospital, marching grounds, and a chapel on the first floor of one of the buildings. I recall having a tooth removed at the dentist in the hospital. Where we lived, each flat had an area of garden. The gardens were very long and reached a row of trees which bounded the Hospital area. None of this shows up nowadays on the Google photos, although part of the Oxford camp still looks predominbantly like it did when I started school there. I remember we had military school busses to take us home, and our bus number was 54. I wonder if anyone has a map of Munster at that time, before all the new roads and building which now fills what was just fields and woods. One day, I mistakenly (misunderstood what I'd been told) walked out of the camp entrance and along Roxetter to go home for lunch. It was a fair walk, and I recall the local bus going past me and a spluttering motorcycle. A nice sunny day for a walk. I have no recollection of how long it took me to get home, but I was quite pleased when I finally got home to our flat in Vonbodelsvink strasse (I think that was how it was pronounced - but the spelling could be wrong). Mum was in tears, and I got taken straight back to school in a jeep - I think. I was put at the front of the class, and the teacher told the rest of the class they must NEVER do what I had just done. You tend to remember things like that!
So - hence the need for a map that relates to those days in the 1950s. If anyone has one, or knows where one may be, it would be fascinating to find. Thanks for letting me ramble ... very happy childhood days there.
Back to top Go down
alan8376
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 765
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Carlisle AAS, Aden, Hildesheim, Bordon, Fallingbostel, Dover, NI Tours, Osnabruck, Herford, Muenster, UN Nicosia, SBA Dhekellia Cyprus x2, Waterbeach, Civi Street 1988. Retired from VOSA 2007.
Registration date : 2009-07-28

MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955?   MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955? Icon_minitimeToday at 15:48

MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955? PQxsJoG

OLD MAP is 1950.....ORANGE X =  is the Barracks.

BLUe  Circle = is the Hospital.

Bottom Lh corner of map is the village of Roxel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ps. You may need a PC to see full map. Pull the Map left or right abit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW MAP. 1970?
 Barracks =Orange X.  Hospita/BMH = Blue.

MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955? XA8m3J3

Regards
Alan.
Back to top Go down

MAP of MUNSTER Oxford Barracks area c 1955?
Page 1 of 1