BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» The Black Watch
Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

» POW STALAG XID 357 in Fallingbostel
Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 20:06 by alan8376

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 83 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 82 Guests :: 1 Bot

brian beckett

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Rheindahlen - The Kremlin

Go down 
+11
unclevanya
Les Pattenden
brum
Shelldrake
dagian
gingerjim
jim
Paul
Bill 1
Goldmohur
donwhitehead
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gingerjim
Col
Col

Number of posts : 487
Cap Badge : raoc
Places Served : blackdown brackley , belgium . viersen
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rheindahlen - The Kremlin   Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/9/2012, 19:21

happy days indeed . ginger
Back to top Go down
unclevanya
Maj
Maj
unclevanya

Number of posts : 230
Cap Badge : R Sigs
Places Served : 11 Sigs Vimy 'C' Catterick Nov 1963), 224 (Radio) Sig Squadron Garrats Hey, Quorn Leics( Jan-June 1964), 16 Sigs Bradbury Barracks Krefeld July-Oct 1964), 28 (BR) Sigs St Tonis & 4 Squadron, Tongeren (Cafe Maddy) (1964-1968), HQ UNFICYP Nicosia 6 month tour (1966), HMS Jufair & Hamala Camp Bahrien, 223 Sig Sqn (Radio) Winchester, Norn Ireland, HQ Northag Kolsas Olso Norway, 11 Sigs Helles Lines Catterick, Civvy Street 1977, Retired (Grumpy Victor Meldrew 2012)
Registration date : 2012-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Rheindahlen - The Kremlin   Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime16/9/2012, 12:59

I can remember we were always warned about 'SOXMIS' vehicles floating around outside Rheindhalen or near other baracks. Can't say I ever saw any Roosians spying on us in all the time I was in BAOR.

I do remember that as young Sodjiers we were warned about allowing ourselves to be 'compromised' in honey traps, or boozed up states, or kinky sex with donkeys or goats.... pale why goats or donkeys beats me!!!!

Trouble was, the more I though about this, the more paranoid I became, until at one point I didn't leave the confines of barracks for several months in case I was 'turned' by KGB into a double agent........ ????

But, hey, I came through all these tribulations that young, greenhorn soldiers go through (I ahd a very sheltered upbringing Shocked )..... I never did get to go down for a visit to Kanalstrasse to see the nice ladies sitting in their shop windows..... affraid tongue

Last edited by unclevanya on 16/9/2012, 13:01; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Dyslexic Keyboard, & Needing to have more coffee...)
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Rheindahlen - The Kremlin   Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime16/9/2012, 15:10

I served with 24 Msl Regt, stationed in Ubique Bks on the B1 in Dortmund, in the mid 70s. Ever Tuesday, regular as clockwork, a Russian artic "broke down" opposite the Bks, apparently the driver was a well know Captain in the KGB. Should have come on a Saturday, only the guard were in camp.
Back to top Go down
Dee Z
WOI
WOI
Dee Z

Number of posts : 169
Cap Badge : RA
Places Served : Pembroke Dock, Lippstadt,Plymouth, Middle east, Singapore
Registration date : 2011-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Rheindahlen - The Kremlin   Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime16/9/2012, 18:47

Shelldrake wrote:
I served with 24 Msl Regt, stationed in Ubique Bks on the B1 in Dortmund, in the mid 70s. Ever Tuesday, regular as clockwork, a Russian artic "broke down" opposite the Bks, apparently the driver was a well know Captain in the KGB. Should have come on a Saturday, only the guard were in camp.

Was he buying western goods to flog back over the boarder Shelldrake ?
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh

PostSubject: Re: Rheindahlen - The Kremlin   Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/9/2012, 05:26

No Dee Z, he was trying to spy on me and my mates with a view to killing us. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rheindahlen - The Kremlin   Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/9/2012, 08:22

Didn`t work ,did it
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

PostSubject: Re: Rheindahlen - The Kremlin   Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/9/2012, 12:51

Always one step ahead of the Posse! Laughing
Back to top Go down
unclevanya
Maj
Maj
unclevanya

Number of posts : 230
Cap Badge : R Sigs
Places Served : 11 Sigs Vimy 'C' Catterick Nov 1963), 224 (Radio) Sig Squadron Garrats Hey, Quorn Leics( Jan-June 1964), 16 Sigs Bradbury Barracks Krefeld July-Oct 1964), 28 (BR) Sigs St Tonis & 4 Squadron, Tongeren (Cafe Maddy) (1964-1968), HQ UNFICYP Nicosia 6 month tour (1966), HMS Jufair & Hamala Camp Bahrien, 223 Sig Sqn (Radio) Winchester, Norn Ireland, HQ Northag Kolsas Olso Norway, 11 Sigs Helles Lines Catterick, Civvy Street 1977, Retired (Grumpy Victor Meldrew 2012)
Registration date : 2012-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Rheindahlen - The Kremlin   Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/9/2012, 19:27

I never did get to actually visit the 'White House', the HQ of BAOR in any official capacity. But I visited all the other 'places of interest' that squaddies do whilst at Rheindahlen. I was once selected as part of 28 (BR) Sigs water polo team because I was quite a good swimmer. The problem was I wear glasses and am quite short sighted. So when I was in the swimming pool, playing against another regiment, I couldn't see where the ball was coming from. Needless to say I was deselected as part of the Regimental Water Polo Team.

The best part of Regimental Sports was the pee-ups afterwards in the NAAFI or elsewhere.

One of the other stories I heard, was that the WRAC accommodations had to have a wire fence, and gated entry erected around it due to the numbers of lusty young men who used to either climb in through the windows to 'service' the horny, love lorn and lonely WRAC girls.

The RMP used to raid it sometimes looking for wayward Lads who where in the wrong place.

So, are female accommodations in the 21st Century British Army still separated from the Lads accommodations, or are they all mixed now. I believe that the Officers Mess sleeping accommodations is mixed nowadays..... tongue
Back to top Go down
TonyE
WOI
WOI
TonyE

Number of posts : 112
Cap Badge : RASC & RCASC,later CF Logistics Branch
Places Served : Hannover, Bielefeld, Camp Borden, Camp Petawawa, CFB Kingston, Korea, Soest, Cyprus, Lahr.
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Rheindahlen - The Kremlin   Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/9/2012, 22:49

I saw a programme on TV about Afghanistan and a female Bombardier lived in the same marquee as the lads,they had individual small tents all round the sides.
Back to top Go down
Bins Newman
LCpl
LCpl

Number of posts : 9
Cap Badge : RCT
Places Served : Colerne, Monchengladbach, Colchester, Cyprus
Registration date : 2012-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Rheindahlen - The Kremlin   Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/7/2020, 14:03

I remember going to the Big House in late 1982 in a staff car to collect my OC who had been attending some sort of officers briefing day.  I pulled up at the gate to be told by an over paid civvie in a uniform that I was "out of bounds" and to leave immediately.  I asked if he was military to which he replied that he wasn't.  I asked if the building was military to which he said it was obviously. So I told him that I was military, the car was military, the building he was guarding was military therefore I was very definitely "In Bounds" and he was not.  The stand off lasted 20 minutes until another staff car pulled up behind me with an officer in the back who told the civvie to let us in. Oh happy days
Back to top Go down
Bins Newman
LCpl
LCpl

Number of posts : 9
Cap Badge : RCT
Places Served : Colerne, Monchengladbach, Colchester, Cyprus
Registration date : 2012-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Rheindahlen - The Kremlin   Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/7/2020, 13:51

unclevanya wrote:
The only one I can remember was the 'Shack', a German Bar, the 'Queensway Club' (RAF one) and another NAAFI run club for us lot, the Squaddies.:  Shocked

The NAAFI club was called "The Marley" if I remember correctly. The German bar might have been called the Oarser (very definitely the wrong spelling) which was famous for fried chicken. Pops and Eddies were 2 German bars out the back of JHQ on opposite sides of the road to each other. Famous only for its Spaghetti Bolognaise. Other clubs of note were the independent squadron clubs. 68 Sqn RCT had one called (I believe) the 468 club
Back to top Go down
GreenSlime7330
Private
Private

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Rheindahlen - The Kremlin   Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/9/2021, 16:27

Our usual Friday night pub crawl was:
The Belgie Bar, the PMC, the Marly and finally either Pop's and Eddie's or the Gravel Pit in Möchengladbach.
Belgian, Dutch, British and German bars - all of the nations of NORTHAG covered in one night of drinking. 😁
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rheindahlen - The Kremlin   Rheindahlen - The Kremlin - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rheindahlen - The Kremlin
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2