BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime19/3/2024, 10:10 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 67 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 67 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Exercises and the natives

Go down 
+6
Hardrations
brum
JPW
Themaadone
jim
handler 69
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercises and the natives   Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime15/9/2010, 22:45

I was on exercise in the Bad Meinburg area.We were the fitter section supporting a Guards Company.Our 432 threw a track ,(the ASM never believed that we did threw a track) I was ahead of the 432 on a narrow sandy farm road in the 434,and wanted to get behind the 432 to drag it back on the stretched out broken track lying on the ground. It was pitch black and I drove forward looking for somewhere to turn.There was no where to turn. The 432 had its spot light in the air to direct us back to its location. I ran out of farm road ,and was about to slow down when the Q directed me across a sugar beet field.Looking back in the mirror I could see from the rear lamp the sugar beets being ploughed into the air.As I crested a hill in the field my headlights illuminate a nearby farm yard, and I could make out a few figures milling around. I had no intention of stopping,as I was sure that these farmers were raving mad .The Q ordered me to stop, and I was surprised to see the looks on these farmers faces.They were smiling broadly and asking how much damage we had done. Apparently compensation for that one field, probably amounted to more than what they would make for their total harvest for that year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exercises and the natives   Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime15/9/2010, 23:03

Then there was this young German girl who entered into the exercise area ,and all she wanted was some Brit cigarettes.One of the blokes on radio watch, obliged , but he wanted compensation,which the girl agreed to. He asked one of his mates to hold on for him, while he was off to adjust his squelch. Word soon got around camp that a lady was there doing it for a pack of cigarettes. A little while later the lady and the fellow returned to the camp area, and she was surprised to see a long of squaddies all lined up ,each offering her a pack of cigarettes. She took of like a VW Golf.
Back to top Go down
handler 69
WOI
WOI
handler 69

Number of posts : 160
Cap Badge : RACT
Places Served : Army Reserve TA
Registration date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Exercises and the natives   Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime16/9/2010, 04:24

Hey its a long way to Australia! I have to take what I can get! LOL Any donations towards my beer education would be greatly appreciated though bounce
LOL could just see all those cigarettes coming out....were they camel's ??? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.tassietanks.com
jim
Let Gen
Let Gen
jim

Number of posts : 1291
Cap Badge : RAOC
Places Served : Dad, Hamburg, Bad Oeynhausen, Iserlohn, Bury, Osnabruck, Worcester. Me Detmold, Bielefeld, NI, HK
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Exercises and the natives   Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime16/9/2010, 08:36

BobG wrote:
It was a very rare event for MBTs to be permitted to drive on the Autobahn, they were normally moved by Tank Transporters at a reasonable speed of up to 50 MPH going downhill.

Bob

It was a rare event they ever got anywhere on their own tracks. The breakdown rate of those leyland bus engines was phenomenal.

No not Camels mate. That would be the yanks
Back to top Go down
handler 69
WOI
WOI
handler 69

PostSubject: Re: Exercises and the natives   Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime16/9/2010, 10:43

Yes I have heard that the Leyland engine was awful! Any reason why they used that particular power pack? Did they change them over in the later models? The more I read it seems the armour was let down by bad motive power.
So what is the beer of fashion over there? I will see if I can get it here....PLEASE NO FOSTERS
Back to top Go down
Themaadone
Maj
Maj
Themaadone

Number of posts : 270
Cap Badge : RAOC/RLC/AGC
Places Served : Bielefeld, Guetersloh, Viersen, Bracht, Falklands, Aldershot, Leconsfield, NI, Rwanda, Croatia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan
Registration date : 2010-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Exercises and the natives   Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime16/9/2010, 11:02

VB flicks my switch-some diggers in Astan had tons of the stuff and going on a fighting patrol with hangover aint a good idea!

Try spitfire or boddingtons for a good swig!
Back to top Go down
handler 69
WOI
WOI
handler 69

PostSubject: Re: Exercises and the natives   Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime16/9/2010, 11:19

VB?? sa is Victorian Bitter?? Shocked I didn't know you could get that over there! LOL Dosn't surprise me as I bought Tasmanian beer in LA the other year!
I will see if I can get those beers here, I have heard of Boddingtons before, haven't tried it though.
Back to top Go down
Themaadone
Maj
Maj
Themaadone

Places Served : Bielefeld, Guetersloh, Viersen, Bracht, Falklands, Aldershot, Leconsfield, NI, Rwanda, Croatia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan

PostSubject: Re: Exercises and the natives   Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime16/9/2010, 12:19

Boddingtons, nice and creamy and heading towards real beer - spitfire is a good drink as well - and its patriotic!

VB, sure, its pricey but yummy. However, first time I had it, like I said was in Afghanistan some years back (even though Alcohol is strictly, ahem, verboten!
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Exercises and the natives   Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime16/9/2010, 13:33

The choice of beer in supermarkets in this country is staggering. Oz to Germany, India to Mexico the range is great, so is the price.

If I see it in a pub I prefer Bombardier but for when I'm sitting around at home it's Carlsberg Export, (silver can).

Supermarkets do special offers on packs of beer and it works out a hell of a lot cheaper than pub prices.

brum
Back to top Go down
Themaadone
Maj
Maj
Themaadone

PostSubject: Re: Exercises and the natives   Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/9/2010, 10:42

I rarely, if ever, go to pubs. It is hard to find one not inhabited by chavs and when you do they are so bloody far away.
Back to top Go down
handler 69
WOI
WOI
handler 69

PostSubject: Re: Exercises and the natives   Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/9/2010, 10:49

Sorry you will have to excuse my street lingo "CHAVS" Embarassed is that like a BOGAN? a social neanderthal that eats out of the dog bowl without getting the dog away first!
Back to top Go down
Themaadone
Maj
Maj
Themaadone

PostSubject: Re: Exercises and the natives   Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/9/2010, 10:52

Got it in one! Smile

CHAV = Council Housing & Violent
Back to top Go down
handler 69
WOI
WOI
handler 69

PostSubject: Re: Exercises and the natives   Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/9/2010, 10:58

LOL yes we call them BOGANS down under, drive loud illegal cars, never had a job in their life and live off well fair all their lifes! Sustained by alchol and drugs and numerous children with hand outs from a bleeding heart government.......no ain't bitter Razz
Back to top Go down
Crunchie
Cpl
Cpl
Crunchie

Number of posts : 15
Cap Badge : RCT
Places Served : Aldershot, Munsterlager, Minden, Duisburg, Belfast, Falkland Islands, Catterick.
Registration date : 2009-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Exercises and the natives   Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/9/2010, 11:45

Themaadone wrote:
Got it in one! Smile

CHAV = Council Housing & Violent

Thought this thread was about exercises and the locals, not a slur on council house tennants.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exercises and the natives   Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/9/2010, 13:10

I think it`s just the violent ones Crunchie.The other lot coulld be PHAVs.Got quite a lot of them around here.
Back to top Go down
ciphers
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
ciphers

Number of posts : 978
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Catterick (1951) - BAOR (1952 -1954)-(Herford - Bunde - Munster) - Japan (Kure) - Korea (Pusan - Seoul) - Cyprus (Nicosia) - Suez Op (1st Guards Brigade) - UK (63 Sigs Regt TA, Southampton)
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Exercises and the natives   Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/9/2010, 17:09

Lingo must have changed from my day.. Chav's were always understood to be kids .. how's your chavvies etc .. then again, what do I know ..
Len (Ciphers)

Back to top Go down
http://lenpayne.com/Len_Payne/Jim_Chapman.html
jerry
WOI
WOI
jerry

Number of posts : 186
Cap Badge : RASC/RCT
Places Served : Dortmund/Hameln/ Malaya FARELF Marchwood Aldershot Yeovil
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Exercises and the natives   Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/9/2010, 18:29

ciphers wrote:
Lingo must have changed from my day.. Chav's were always understood to be kids .. how's your chavvies etc .. then again, what do I know ..
Len (Ciphers)

Old words are often distorted such as GAY. It used to mean happy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Exercises and the natives   Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/9/2010, 21:26

These gobby, foul - mouthed, shaven - headed, tattooed ,agressive morons who shame our country whenever they go abroad often, (incredibly) own their own homes.

Up here, in genteel Cheshire we don't call them "Chavs".

We call them "Shite" !

brum
Back to top Go down
Crunchie
Cpl
Cpl
Crunchie

Number of posts : 15
Cap Badge : RCT
Places Served : Aldershot, Munsterlager, Minden, Duisburg, Belfast, Falkland Islands, Catterick.
Registration date : 2009-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Exercises and the natives   Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime18/9/2010, 22:17

Good description that brum. Laughing
Back to top Go down
jim
Let Gen
Let Gen
jim

Number of posts : 1291
Cap Badge : RAOC
Places Served : Dad, Hamburg, Bad Oeynhausen, Iserlohn, Bury, Osnabruck, Worcester. Me Detmold, Bielefeld, NI, HK
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Exercises and the natives   Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/9/2010, 13:36

I'd never heard the term until we came back to England on leaving the Army. Now I see them all over the place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exercises and the natives   Exercises and the natives - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exercises and the natives
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2