BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Sheil Barracks, Verden
Occurrence Book Icon_minitime28/4/2024, 10:29 by steve

» 5 coy and 121 coy RASC Caernarvon Barracks Dusseldorf
Occurrence Book Icon_minitime11/4/2024, 13:02 by deandarvill

» Born in BMH Hannover, lived in Hameln
Occurrence Book Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 18:14 by Cherylburgess

» German Soldiers.
Occurrence Book Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 10:27 by Gozoman

» Records
Occurrence Book Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:23 by Pborn4

» Family Research Krefeld 1955-58
Occurrence Book Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:12 by Coinneach239

» Old Soldiers over 80
Occurrence Book Icon_minitime3/4/2024, 14:41 by Chemist

» King Alfred School.Plon.
Occurrence Book Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:13 by Pborn4

» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
Occurrence Book Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:06 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
Occurrence Book Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Occurrence Book Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Occurrence Book Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Occurrence Book Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Occurrence Book Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Occurrence Book Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 59 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 59 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Occurrence Book

Go down 
+9
jim
pete26
bigmal
brum
Dee Z
Teabag
jerry
Nobby
Shelldrake
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime18/6/2012, 05:49

Coming through the Green Line at Ledra Palace yesterday (as you do), I noticed, whilst the TRNC Customs Officer was checking my Passport, that they had an Occurrence Book on the desk. I couldn't help smiling to myself wondering what sort of entries were in those pages, I used to enjoy it when I was Guard Commander catching up with things people got up to since my last duty. I remember one entry when I was in Dortmund "0045hrs a Taxi pulled up outside the Guardroom, Gnr ******* alighted from the Taxi naked from the waist down he then proceeded to have an altercation with the driver. When he booked in, I noticed that he had "Messed himself". You couldn't make it up, happy days. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime18/6/2012, 08:47

One of my RSMs took great delight in reading those books..More often than not you were summoned from your pit to explain your entries..
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime18/6/2012, 10:44

I had a RSM in Colchester who required that the Occurrence Book was on his desk every morning at 0800hrs, this was an hour before Staff Parade, when he "Briefed" all incoming and outgoing duty pers. If you were going off duty, he would peruse your entries for spelling mistakes, and then hand out extras if you had committed the heinous crime of spelling a word wrong! Many's the Gun Bunny who took a Dictionary on duty with him. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Shelldrake on 18/6/2012, 12:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nobby
WOII
WOII
Nobby

Number of posts : 79
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Tidworth, Sennelarger, Werl, Munsterlager, Catterick, Paderborn, Ripon, Detmold, Marchwood.
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime18/6/2012, 11:52

During my time with 1st Bn The Black Watch, the Occurence book pages were dated.

Therefore , you could not write on the next page if you had had a busy duty. If you needed more space you had to get an A3 sheet of paper and enter the other entries onto this and sellotape it to the bottom of the page.

Also, your duty had to fill the page, therefore a lot of divvle was entered to fill the page.

Spelling mistakes was a BIG No No. and whoa betide if you used any abbreviations!

17 months of hell with these guys in Werl, but what a breath of fresh air it was when 1st Bn Royal Scots took over. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jerry
WOI
WOI
jerry

Number of posts : 186
Cap Badge : RASC/RCT
Places Served : Dortmund/Hameln/ Malaya FARELF Marchwood Aldershot Yeovil
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime18/6/2012, 21:37

Just finished reading this topic, and I found this on the 54 Sqn facebook page There are a few entries
Occurrence Book Occ
Back to top Go down
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Teabag

Number of posts : 960
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Wildenrath Detmold
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime18/6/2012, 22:46

Bit naughty that, especially regarding Mrs Webster. I know it is a long time ago but personal stuff like that shouldn't be on facebook.
Back to top Go down

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime18/6/2012, 22:55

1973???I wonder if Mrs Webster is still Mrs Webster.
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime19/6/2012, 05:43

They must have been having a good night in the JNCOs Mess if they had to do a Bar run at 0330hrs. drunken
Back to top Go down
Dee Z
WOI
WOI
Dee Z

Number of posts : 169
Cap Badge : RA
Places Served : Pembroke Dock, Lippstadt,Plymouth, Middle east, Singapore
Registration date : 2011-07-15

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime19/6/2012, 08:52

Shelldrake wrote:
I had a RSM in Colchester who required that the Occurrence Book was on his desk every morning at 0800hrs, this was an hour before Staff Parade, when he "Briefed" all incoming and outgoing duty pers. If you were going off duty, he would peruse your entries for spelling mistakes, and then hand out extras if you had committed the heinous crime of spelling a word wrong! Many's the Gun Bunny who took a Dictionary on duty with him. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I would have had a few extras Shelldrake thanks now to Word I can minimise my spelling mistakes. Why is it that I can read and see them but start composing and they appear.
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime19/6/2012, 09:33

Gordon. wrote:
More often than not you were summoned from your pit to explain your entries..

Am I to read that to mean you were able to (GASP !) go to bed after a duty ?

What sort of mob were you IN ? scratch
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime19/6/2012, 09:33

Jimmy would not have been in any position to dish them out when he was RSM, Jack!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Occurrence Book Empty

brum wrote:
Gordon. wrote:
More often than not you were summoned from your pit to explain your entries..

What sort of mob were you IN ? scratch

R Sigs - 8 on 24 off!!
Back to top Go down

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime19/6/2012, 09:42

Quote :

What sort of mob were you IN ?

Guard Commander and I/C reliefs got morning off to sleep.

Quote :
R Sigs - 8 on 24 off!!

Hmmm....Something like that Laughing
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime19/6/2012, 09:43

Shelldrake wrote:

We had a similar situation while in Munster.
We had a Brylcreem - plastered RSM whos great delight was studying Guard Reports and finding the most ridiculous faults with them.
Failure to write "Sir" at the beginning and end of the report would incur the worst of his wrath.
Silly as it all was, extra guards were no joke.

Back to top Go down

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime19/6/2012, 09:46

Quote :
extra guards were no joke.

Any guard was no joke..
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime19/6/2012, 10:54

Worst ones, in my experience, were Site Guard at Menden. Murder, Polis!! pale pale
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Maj
Maj
bigmal

Number of posts : 296
Cap Badge : R.E.M.E
Places Served : Fallingbostal, NI, Hohne, Fallingbostal, again.
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime19/6/2012, 18:22

Sleep after duties.....luxury, we had to do the normal days shift after.
From the Guardroom to get showered and changed, then work.
No rest for the wicked.
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime19/6/2012, 18:35

Best duty was Buck House, had my own Batman dontcha know? king
Back to top Go down

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime19/6/2012, 19:18

Quote :
had my own Batman dontcha know?

Who was it?....Phill?
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Maj
Maj
bigmal

Number of posts : 296
Cap Badge : R.E.M.E
Places Served : Fallingbostal, NI, Hohne, Fallingbostal, again.
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime19/6/2012, 19:49

Edward.
Back to top Go down
pete26
Capt
Capt

Number of posts : 209
Cap Badge : R.E.
Places Served : Farnborough, Hohne, Ulster, Berchtesgaden,Chatham..
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime19/6/2012, 20:17

Shelldrake wrote:
Worst ones, in my experience, were Site Guard at Menden. Murder, Polis!! pale pale

I thankfully missed out on 'site guard'. Most of the other lads hated the job.

I did do 'Puckridge guard' which was the only time we carried live rounds on English soil.
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime20/6/2012, 05:44

Gnr Henson. Laughing
Back to top Go down
jim
Let Gen
Let Gen
jim

Number of posts : 1291
Cap Badge : RAOC
Places Served : Dad, Hamburg, Bad Oeynhausen, Iserlohn, Bury, Osnabruck, Worcester. Me Detmold, Bielefeld, NI, HK
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime20/6/2012, 08:30

I used to love reading those occurrence reports, great laugh sometimes.
Back to top Go down
jim
Let Gen
Let Gen
jim

Number of posts : 1291
Cap Badge : RAOC
Places Served : Dad, Hamburg, Bad Oeynhausen, Iserlohn, Bury, Osnabruck, Worcester. Me Detmold, Bielefeld, NI, HK
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime20/6/2012, 08:31

Oh and talking about Mrs Webster, we had a guy report to the guardroom with a bread knife stuck in his back, we called out the duty medic who sorted it and the Dr came and sowed him up. It tuns out hos wife had stabbed him in the back after a fight. he went happily back home and she was all tears and sorry. Thank god i wasn't married to her is all i can say.
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime20/6/2012, 14:22

Shelldrake wrote:

Site guards ? The most soul-destroying, boring, miserable duty imaginable !

In the early 60s the site we were guarding was in the middle of nowhere on the Sennelager ranges. Shabby old huts, that horrible black dust blowing everywhere.

I think at one stage there was only us and 39 Msl regt guarding the place and the whole regiment was tied up with it for a month.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Occurrence Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occurrence Book   Occurrence Book Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Occurrence Book
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next