BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» 5 coy and 121 coy RASC Caernarvon Barracks Dusseldorf
Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime11/4/2024, 13:02 by deandarvill

» Born in BMH Hannover, lived in Hameln
Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 18:14 by Cherylburgess

» German Soldiers.
Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 10:27 by Gozoman

» Records
Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:23 by Pborn4

» Family Research Krefeld 1955-58
Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:12 by Coinneach239

» Old Soldiers over 80
Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/4/2024, 14:41 by Chemist

» King Alfred School.Plon.
Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:13 by Pborn4

» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:06 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 40 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 40 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Six Months Extra

Go down 
+35
"john boy"
cartav
james.henry
rong
briandcross
BobG
steve
Shelldrake
brum
handyman
Goldmohur
JAL
recce83
nobby clark
TonyE
brian beckett
Teabag
ciphers
alan8376
Stephen Lock
dandc
Paul
Hardrations
Norman Hall
wrinkles
jim
CJTOONE
Wilf
jerry
donald
slimmer
syd
Eddie Strike
burgess720
Barney
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
jim
Let Gen
Let Gen
jim

Number of posts : 1291
Cap Badge : RAOC
Places Served : Dad, Hamburg, Bad Oeynhausen, Iserlohn, Bury, Osnabruck, Worcester. Me Detmold, Bielefeld, NI, HK
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Six Months Extra - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime18/1/2011, 11:39

Good luck Steve.
Back to top Go down
briandcross
LCpl
LCpl

Number of posts : 6
Places Served : Germany
Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime21/2/2011, 14:53

I should have been demobed in August 1956,but was held back till December due to the Suez mess.Was at 5 infantry workshop Witten annen wonderfull time many stories BRIAN CROSS brummey.
Back to top Go down
jim
Let Gen
Let Gen
jim

Number of posts : 1291
Places Served : Dad, Hamburg, Bad Oeynhausen, Iserlohn, Bury, Osnabruck, Worcester. Me Detmold, Bielefeld, NI, HK
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime22/2/2011, 09:42

Hi Brian and welcome. I'm living in Sutton mate. Smile
Back to top Go down
briandcross
LCpl
LCpl

Number of posts : 6
Places Served : Germany
Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime22/2/2011, 11:16

Hi jim,isee you was a officer,i to was a regular in the RAOC was called up for national service in 1953,went to Germany in febuary 1954 at 5 infantry workshop,wonderfull memories,idid my time there till december when i was demobbed,would love to hear from any body who was there at that time.i live in Marston Green.
Back to top Go down
rong
Private
Private

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/5/2011, 03:50

You really have nothing to lose and owe it to your body to give P90X an honest shot! If I can offer any advice when it comes to finding the program to purchase online I would strongly suggest that you only purchase from the Official P90X websitefor a few reasons.

1.) If you buy from the Official p90x nutritionwebsite you will get two FREE workouts. Tony Horton will throw in his training program called “Fountain of Youth”, which is a beginner Yoga routine. Not only that but he will also throw in “Mammoth UML”, which is the ultimate Upper-Middle-Lower workout. You only get those two bonuses for buying through the official site.

2.) It is 100% Risk Free. If you purchase through the official website they offer a full 90 day satisfaction guarantee. If for some reason you are not happy with the program, all you have to do is return it in the first 90 days for a complete refund.

Word of caution! If you happen to find this program anywhere else online for less than the $119.85 there is a huge chance that it is fake or incomplete. If you want to be safe and make sure you get the full program, spend the few extra dollars and purchase from the official p90x workout schedule. Don’t you think you owe it to your body?

There are two main P90x packages you can purchase. The first comes with the bands, and pull-up bar, as well as the very tasty recovery drinks. The second package only has the P90X videos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/5/2011, 04:36

Again, no understand L/Cpl Rong promoting fitness packages?

I smell a Rat. Mad
Back to top Go down
Hardrations
Let Gen
Let Gen
Hardrations

Number of posts : 1070
Cap Badge : RC Sigs (RTG Op) / CF Logistics (Cook)
Places Served : Germany, Egypt, Cyprus, CFS Alert and some other strange places
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/5/2011, 04:41

Similar to the product this person is selling. A POX on him/her. Twisted Evil

Get them off the site Mr. Manager. Please...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/5/2011, 06:19

Yes, out of your pits you senior officers, dishonourably discharge L/Cpl Rong. affraid

I have used my investigative skills and this peanut is listed as a member twice. Evil or Very Mad
Rong and Rongda.

Call out the SIB and the SAS ! What a Face
Back to top Go down
james.henry
Private
Private

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime11/7/2012, 05:05

i was stationed at bindon barracks in hameln from 1961 to 1963 doing my national service,i was invited to stay on for a further six months due to the berlin wall being started by the russians, there was a lot of tension diplomatically at that time,but my mother insisted i came home on my due demob date, i informed my c/o of my dilemma and he instructed me accoringly,so i stayed: It wasn't so bad though 'cos for the duration of the extra six months all us ns lads got regular soldier pay, which was quite an increase in our pockets. I was a cook attached to 408 troop Royal engineers,they built bridges and I cooked food, seemed to work out pretty well.I used to eat in the naafi, the food i made was pretty awful. what do they expect?,one day i'm a building worker, then BANG, i'm cooking food for hungry squaddys. it was all good fun though, wouldn't have missed it for the world... bye for now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime11/7/2012, 08:14

Welcome James..

A cook?...Who ate in the NAAFI?...Tells a story methinks....

No doubt Johnboy will have something to say on the matter. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 784
Cap Badge : RA (ns) RA, R.Sigs, RE ( TAVR)
Places Served : Oswestry, Tonfanau, Woolwich, Osnabruck, MT School Bordon, Bulford, Manorbier, Hameln, R.Sigs Blandford, RSME Chattenden, Western Highlands.
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime11/7/2012, 10:58

One of the many jobs I landed up with was NCO permanently i/c fatigue men in cookhouse.
Not my scene at all, but the catering officer wanted a two-striper who had more than a year to do, there weren't many NS to fill the bill. Start at 0630 hrs., finish about 1800 hrs. No days off, no social life, but no guards, no drilling for the Admin Inspection that was coming up. No soldiering, in fact. I stuck it for a month, then moaned about my lot to the BSM and got out, quick.

Lads were queuing up to jump in, all thought I was crazy. Big advantage was that when I took my plate to the counter for some nosh after the regiment had eaten, the cook Sgt. said " Don't eat that muck, lad ! Get round the back. we've got the cooks' special for our scran!" But hot summer in the cookhouse, slicing the bread, devising ways to kill wasps and kicking the arses of fatigue men was not for me.
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime11/7/2012, 12:36

cartav wrote:
One of the many jobs I landed up with was NCO permanently i/c fatigue men in cookhouse.
Not my scene at all, but the catering officer wanted a two-striper who had more than a year to do, there weren't many NS to fill the bill. Start at 0630 hrs., finish about 1800 hrs. No days off, no social life, but no guards, no drilling for the Admin Inspection that was coming up. No soldiering, in fact. I stuck it for a month, then moaned about my lot to the BSM and got out, quick.

Lads were queuing up to jump in, all thought I was crazy. Big advantage was that when I took my plate to the counter for some nosh after the regiment had eaten, the cook Sgt. said " Don't eat that muck, lad ! Get round the back. we've got the cooks' special for our scran!" But hot summer in the cookhouse, slicing the bread, devising ways to kill wasps and kicking the arses of fatigue men was not for me.

I did that in Long Kesh for a time, 24 on - 24 off. I don't think that I got properly clean for about 6 months, in fact, I can still smell it!! Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Places Served : Oswestry, Tonfanau, Woolwich, Osnabruck, MT School Bordon, Bulford, Manorbier, Hameln, R.Sigs Blandford, RSME Chattenden, Western Highlands.

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime11/7/2012, 18:01

Shelldrake wrote:

I did that in Long Kesh for a time, 24 on - 24 off. I don't think that I got properly clean for about 6 months, in fact, I can still smell it!! Mad Mad

So who did the catering ? Andy Clyde's Commandos ( you kids have altered that to "Andy Capp" ) RUC or the blanket brigade ? That would have been properly
hygenic ! And did they still have those steaming vats ....... Wash, Rinse & Sterilise ...... or was it just a quick wipe on the leg of the combats ? I was always scared stiff I'd drop one my irons in the greasy liquid, but I don't think anyone ever did. Strange, I can't remember what we had at weekend TAVR camps......... maybe the three vats were old hat by then.
Back to top Go down
james.henry
Private
Private

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime11/7/2012, 18:32

Gordon. wrote:
Welcome James..

A cook?...Who ate in the NAAFI?...Tells a story methinks....

No doubt Johnboy will have something to say on the matter. Laughing Laughing
I just hope my cook sergeant isn't reading this gordon Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime11/7/2012, 18:33

It was in the days before it became the Maze, we were under canvas and, due to the nature of our deployments it was a 24hr "Running buffet" served up in a Marquee. The Tables GS, 6 foot were subjected to continual scrubbing, spud bashing and the pan dive was like a conveyor belt, not a nice environment at all.
Back to top Go down
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime12/7/2012, 18:38

Shelldrake wrote:
24hr "Running buffet" served up in a Marquee. The Tables GS, 6 foot were subjected to continual scrubbing, spud bashing and the pan dive was like a conveyor belt, not a nice environment at all.

Sounds just like a cruise ship from what my well heeled mates tell me............
But all free !............ and no expensive tipping before they let you go home !
( I'll try to dodge whatever you care to launch in my direction !!

Heads Down ! Incoming !!!!
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Six Months Extra - Page 6 890-95

Number of posts : 939
Cap Badge : acc
Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime13/7/2012, 10:55

Shelldrake wrote:
It was in the days before it became the Maze, we were under canvas and, due to the nature of our deployments it was a 24hr "Running buffet" served up in a Marquee. The Tables GS, 6 foot were subjected to continual scrubbing, spud bashing and the pan dive was like a conveyor belt, not a nice environment at all.

"I say ding dong " bloody hell you too scrub up well Shelldrake I take it all back lol!
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime13/7/2012, 12:51

"john boy" wrote:
Shelldrake wrote:

"I say ding dong " bloody hell you too scrub up well Shelldrake I take it all back lol!

Thank you John Boy. I love you I love you Embarassed
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime13/7/2012, 13:34

[quote=""john boy

SHIRLEY bloody EATON ?
Bring back Liz Fraser, in the webbing !
Back to top Go down
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime13/7/2012, 16:21

Never quite found out how this " six months extra" stuff to add half a year to the conscripts' 18 months incarceration was introduced.

Was it just " All them scheduled for demob tomorrow stand fast, remainder, to your duties fall out ! ............ You lot ! Why are you still here ? Get your kitbags unpacked, you've six more more months to do !" Or was it done more gently, a warning period, time to reflect for some on how lucky they were after doing quick checks on the date and counting the fingers. Must have been quite traumatic if your intake number was the wrong side of the deadline. Lots of FYHL bandied about no doubt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime13/7/2012, 16:45

At 7 Sigs they were all Pt1 ordered for COs interview.They were then told the news..There was a lot of swearing ,crying Etc.....and much laughter from the regulars... I remember it well..
Back to top Go down
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime14/7/2012, 09:30

Gordon. wrote:
At 7 Sigs they were all Pt1 ordered for COs interview.They were then told the news..There was a lot of swearing ,crying Etc.....and much laughter from the regulars... I remember it well..

That really surprises me, for the NS lads took all the bad news in their stride and would be grateful for the chance to extend their service when it was for the good of the country. And the Regs would have kept a low profile in our lot. They were outnumbered 6 to 1 and there were no cats to kick !

At 16 LAA there was nearly a similar situation around Feb 1956. CO's muster parade, everyone apprehensive after all the tin hats had been brushed over with some surplus sandy coloured paint ......... " All you men with more than six months to do..." he said, " ......... have been given the honour of fighting for your country, a chance to come face to face with the Queen's enemies.........." What ? Us ? Five star cowards almost to a man. Not too bad as it happened, the over-six monthers went to Cyprus to shine searchlights on the clouds and make it easier for the opposition to move about at night. The rest relaxed for they'd be back in UK in two months.
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime14/7/2012, 12:34

cartav wrote:
Shelldrake wrote:
24hr "Running buffet" served up in a Marquee. The Tables GS, 6 foot were subjected to continual scrubbing, spud bashing and the pan dive was like a conveyor belt, not a nice environment at all.

Sounds just like a cruise ship from what my well heeled mates tell me............
But all free !............ and no expensive tipping before they let you go home !
( I'll try to dodge whatever you care to launch in my direction !!

Heads Down ! Incoming !!!!

Now that I think about it David, it was a bit like a cruise ship - I was sick every day!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jeff Bentley
Sgt
Sgt

Number of posts : 26
Cap Badge : RASC
Places Served : Aldershot Yeovil Mulhiem Germany
Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime16/7/2012, 15:56

Hi I am new to this forum as I have only just signed in. I am also new to computers so bear with me.
I was in the last but one intake of the RASC. Went to Aldershot then Yoevil for driver training. That was October 1960. Was posted to wrexham barracks Mulhiem Germany. Had some lucky breaks. Managed to get into the rugby team and also got the job of driver to Barry Davies ( sports commentator ) Have seen some comments about extra six months. There were thirteen of us in Mulhiem and we were all informed about two months before our release date. We were not happy chappies. One lad nicked a champ and shot off. They found him about a week later somewhere in Holland. I wonder where he is now, in fact it would be great to hear from any of those last national service men. I must admit I did not want to go into the army but I was glad afterwards, like most people I expect.
Back to top Go down
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime16/7/2012, 23:41

Jeff Bentley wrote:
......... we were all informed about two months before our release date. We were not happy chappies.

Welcome Jeff ! Good to have another NS man aboard ! Not like the old days when we outnumbered the Regs., but those here are a kindly bunch who tolerate my urge to be insubordinate on occasion.

I'm a bit confused by your remarks quoted above......... my lot knew exactly when their demob group was going out and could reel off the number of years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes & seconds left before their release date. Can I assume that those in the last intakes were expecting early demob and wouldn't have had to do the full two years ? ............. and glad you went in the army........Guess we all are in retrospect but even more glad to get out at the time !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Six Months Extra   Six Months Extra - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Six Months Extra
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next