BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitimeToday at 10:10 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 72 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 71 Guests :: 1 Bot

Pborn4

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Windsor Boys School - The End!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Windsor Boy
Sgt
Sgt

Number of posts : 33
Cap Badge : RE Padsbrat
Places Served : Hohne, Sennelager, Iserlohn, Osnabrück, Hamm and Cyprus
Registration date : 2007-09-17

Windsor Boys School - The End! Empty
PostSubject: Windsor Boys School - The End!   Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime15/4/2009, 13:33

Demolition work has begun on the former WBS site. Crying or Very sad

See here if you dare:http://galerie.wa-online.de/main.php?g2_itemId=163602&g2_page=1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windsor Boys School - The End!   Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime8/4/2011, 07:08

Well it belonged to the Germans before it was Windsor School..now they have it back.

A tear in my eye, but you cannot stop progress.
Back to top Go down
biggsy
Sgt
Sgt

Cap Badge : RA
Places Served : Kenya, Worthy Down, Winchester, Andover, Detmold, Soest, Hamm, Korbecke, Kirton Lindsey,
Registration date : 2012-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Windsor Boys School - The End!   Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime18/5/2012, 18:48

I did my time there in Caernarvon House, 1971-1976. I was a day boy commuting in from Soest. Good times. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
biggsy
Sgt
Sgt

Places Served : Kenya, Worthy Down, Winchester, Andover, Detmold, Soest, Hamm, Korbecke, Kirton Lindsey,

PostSubject: Re: Windsor Boys School - The End!   Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime14/1/2013, 18:00

If you go onto the Windsor Boys School Facebook site you will be able to see various pictures of the school from it's early years up to and including the demolition.

New units are actually up and running, especially where the main teaching block and assembly hall was.

I will never forget my time there. The school set me up for life, by that I mean I live by the values I learnt as a kid of a serving member of Her Majesty's Armed Forces.

Great times.
Back to top Go down
JimJohnston
Private
Private

Number of posts : 2
Cap Badge : RAOC
Places Served : Dad: Larnaca, Cyprus - Bramley, UK - Singapore - Sennelager, Germany - Ballykinlar, Northern Ireland - Soest, Germany - Kirton Lindsey, UK
Registration date : 2014-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Windsor Boys School - The End!   Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime2/12/2014, 12:25

Hi Biggsy,

Sorry so long in commenting but just browsing website and came across this one by pure fluke. Interesting to see you were a day boy at WBS 71-76 in Caernarvon House commuting from Soest, I guess we must have known each other (or at least known of each other) as I was living in Soest 75-76 and was a day boy at WBS in Caernarvon House too. Sad to hear it's long gone now. Had some good times there staying over occasionally. Those lovely suppers provided by matron each night - scones and tea I think. Hmm!! Good times.

I remember taking a lesson called Physics for Leisure in which we went sailing at The Moehnesee, orienteering, ice skating, disco DJing. All related to physics but really fun. Not sure if you were on that as well I think you might have been a year ahead of me.
Back to top Go down
biggsy
Sgt
Sgt

PostSubject: Re: Windsor Boys School - The End!   Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime2/12/2014, 20:57

Hi Jim,

although I can't put a face to your name, I do remember your name and I think we did get on ok with each other. I do recall you being in the year above me and that you did some stopping over at school on the weekends.

During that last year my home life was going down the pan with my parents coming close to splitting up and on top of that my father had a major car crash so emotions were all over the place! My schooling and grades suffered a bit so I really couldn't wait to get back to Blighty.

We actually lived at Korbecke, a couple of miles up from the Dam. We moved out of quarters for my last 4 years at school. We were one of the first back to Kirton where we lived for a year or so, I worked with the housing BIA moving people in and out of their quarters.

We then moved to Barton and I got a job on the Steel Works.

Now I don't work, having had an accident and injuring my lower spine. I spend most of my day drugged up to the nines just to try and ease the pain.....such is life!

Hope you are well, nice to hear of and from you.
Back to top Go down
JimJohnston
Private
Private

Number of posts : 2
Cap Badge : RAOC
Places Served : Dad: Larnaca, Cyprus - Bramley, UK - Singapore - Sennelager, Germany - Ballykinlar, Northern Ireland - Soest, Germany - Kirton Lindsey, UK
Registration date : 2014-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Windsor Boys School - The End!   Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime4/12/2014, 13:53

Hi Biggsy,

Thanks for your reply and sorry to hear about your health problems.

To be honest I can't remember too much about daily life in/around Soest. My memory's a bit of a sieve. The old grey cells dieing out quicker than they can be replaced at my (our) age.

I saw on one of your posts that your Dad was with 16LAD so I mentioned him to my Dad in case they knew each other, but apparently not. My Dad was RAOC attached to 16LAD and apparently they didn't mix. Strange I think especially as they served at the same time in Soest & Kirton.

We got posted back to UK before I finished by A levels at WBS and, due to the recession, money was tight so I quit school and tried to find work. No luck there. So, for us, Dad left the Army early '78 and moved back to Liverpool where we've been ever since.

Mum & Dad still with us, thankfully, though age related problems catching up with them both.

Are you in touch with anyone else I might have known though, to be honest, if you threw some names at me I probably wouldn't recognise them. Brain like a sieve remember.
Back to top Go down
biggsy
Sgt
Sgt

PostSubject: Re: Windsor Boys School - The End!   Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime5/12/2014, 21:14

Hi Jim,

I'm not in contact with anyone from WBS. I posted a few comments on the WBS site once but it seemed to be the older generation talking on it, 60's - 70's generation!

I spoke with David Finnely, who lived at Werl, he would have been in your year. He also became a border for A levels. His Father worked in Germany and as far as I am aware, David also lives over there now.

If you go on the WBS/WGS website you will be able to check out posts which have been going for years....lots to make you think and remember.
Back to top Go down
andrewg222
Private
Private

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2022-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Windsor Boys School - The End!   Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime4/8/2022, 11:45

Hi,

If you are interested in the school, I've created a 3D tour of Windsor Boys School, Hamm. You can look around various locations of the school in 360 degrees and see how it was during the time it was open. Also photographs from ex students, teachers, and staff.

https://cicadastudio.com/wbshamm

Here are a few shots from the tour.

Windsor Boys School - The End! TPYCBLT

Windsor Boys School - The End! Xt5aLRQ

Windsor Boys School - The End! G6T8eEO

Windsor Boys School - The End! CCKanMN

Thanks,

Andrew

steve likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windsor Boys School - The End!   Windsor Boys School - The End! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windsor Boys School - The End!
Page 1 of 1