BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
Detmold Icon_minitime19/3/2024, 10:10 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
Detmold Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
Detmold Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

» Bill Littleford, 16th/5th Queens Lancers, Wolfenbuttel 1977
Detmold Icon_minitime12/3/2024, 19:42 by AlienFTM

» Any Ex 2 RTR on here
Detmold Icon_minitime7/3/2024, 11:01 by Mark Ellis

» Sophia M Ackroyd
Detmold Icon_minitime5/3/2024, 09:00 by alan8376

» Soldiers Pensions
Detmold Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 10:15 by Pborn4

» Old Soldiers over 80
Detmold Icon_minitime28/2/2024, 09:42 by Dulaigh

» Allied Control Commission Germany 1945
Detmold Icon_minitime27/2/2024, 06:43 by PB1963

» Anyone know Capt C Maynard, REME, Duisburg 1958-61?
Detmold Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 16:07 by Zloty

» 1 SSM Battery patch
Detmold Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 15:02 by Hardrations

» BAOR Bank Notes
Detmold Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 14:05 by JGW

» Volkswagen WRAC
Detmold Icon_minitime26/2/2024, 09:03 by Sinclair

» Peter Donovan
Detmold Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 22:12 by Donovans

» 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
Detmold Icon_minitime22/2/2024, 21:50 by Donovans

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 64 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 64 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Detmold

Go down 
+3
Scouse010
TDivers
Teabag
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Teabag
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Teabag

Number of posts : 960
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Wildenrath Detmold
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Detmold Empty
PostSubject: Detmold   Detmold Icon_minitime30/10/2008, 15:23

Always remember one poor guy hanging himself at Christmas probably 1976. This was in 20 Armd Bde HQ & Sig Sqn. Must have been very difficult for those lads at times. I'm just sorry I never tried to find out more about their personal lives and how they came to be in the MSO.

I remember the lad who was orderly corporal that night being phoned up and asked if we had a coffin. Not something you forget really.
Back to top Go down

Detmold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detmold   Detmold Icon_minitime10/5/2011, 04:38

And again, off you go lad, off the boards. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
TDivers
SSgt/CSgt
SSgt/CSgt

Number of posts : 65
Cap Badge : Former Royal Engineer
Places Served : Munsterlager, Hohne, Sennelager, Nienburg, Osnabruck
Registration date : 2011-03-30

Detmold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detmold   Detmold Icon_minitime10/5/2011, 05:39

Teabag wrote:
Always remember one poor guy hanging himself at Christmas probably 1976. This was in 20 Armd Bde HQ & Sig Sqn. Must have been very difficult for those lads at times. I'm just sorry I never tried to find out more about their personal lives and how they came to be in the MSO.

I remember the lad who was orderly corporal that night being phoned up and asked if we had a coffin. Not something you forget really.

Its never good when someone takes there own life. Although there can be happy times from it, in a dark sort of way. While i was stationed in Munsterlager we had a similar incident but it ended happily.

Let me Explain it was a usual weekend and friday afternoon was happy hour in the Bar everyone there in 26AES bar getting smashed together, lots of alcohol consumed and then someone having a bad day said to 1 of his mates, cant take this anymore and he was going to do something stupid. No one thought anything of it as it sounded like the alcohol talking. Anyway later that night when people started going back to there rooms 1 of the guys on the ground floor flat heard some moaning outside. Upon looking outside there was the individual lying on the ground with a rope tied around his neck. Upon looking up and investigating the other end of the rope was indeed tied to the 3rd floor window frame, the afore mentioned had indeed intended to do himself some harm, fortunately for him the rope was 2 long and the resulting damages were merely a broken ankle.

Good news for everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thailand-divers.com

Detmold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detmold   Detmold Icon_minitime10/5/2011, 06:16

Having been a copper for 36 years in OZ, 1967 to 2003, might I say I have dealt with many suicides. Christmas and Easter were bad times for suicides. Particularly by people who were lonely, depressed, away from families at that time. Being in the Army away from family at festive times, would be a contributing factor for sure. Well that is what I ascertained anyway.

All very sad. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

Detmold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detmold   Detmold Icon_minitime10/5/2011, 06:45

There were a couple at 7 Sigs in the early 60s,bothinthe woods beside the autobahn bridge
Back to top Go down

Detmold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detmold   Detmold Icon_minitime19/11/2012, 15:02

Stop guys, I have read some nicer and more interesting subjects on this forum. Quite awful that people reach the end of endurance. Why do politicians never "do themselves in?" I have never heard of one? Have you?

All fascinating subjects, but have you forgotten that it is time now that you put your mind to those presents for Christmas and not leave it to the last minutes. You, or most likely your Dad’s or his Dad will want something thoughtful and interesting as a gift. I have worked hard and burnt much midnight oil to make this possible for you. Why not look at the following internet site and happy reading to all.

world wide web.farewelltohamburg.com
Back to top Go down
Scouse010
Private
Private

Number of posts : 1
Cap Badge : BAOR MSO
Places Served : Paderborn, Sennelager, Dortmund, Nieheim, Herford, Detmold, 1BR Core JHQ Rheindalen, Bielefeld.
Registration date : 2012-11-22

Detmold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detmold   Detmold Icon_minitime22/11/2012, 23:18

I joined MSO (Mixed Service Organisation) on 08/09/1980. I was to join the Antar Tank Transporter Section at the Ambeisen Camp in Hamm, but was trained as a dog handler at Sennelager HQ - RAVC 1 ADTU for a month, instead. I was posted to Nieheim, D4 Det, 43 Replenishment Park Company as a trained dog handler at Poembsen Depot. 2.5 years later I became Assistant Superintendent I/C of D4 Detachment, 2/C of Detomold and Balaclava Transit Camp in Schlangen until I resigned my position leaving 31st December, 1989.

MSO was formed after the end of WWII to utilise thousands of released POWs from every nation, almost throughout the world. Many formed armed guards on railway coal sites, payroll guards, drivers, cooks, labour groups, and later, dog handlers to name but just a few of the labour groups utilised. The labour contingency was comprised mostly of Yugoslavian Chetniks, a tactical or selective collaboration with the occupation in Yugoslavia, formed as a resistance against the Ottoman Empire in 1904, and participating in the two Balkan Wars; World War I, and World War II.

An RQM informed me in 1989 that the funds used to pay the wages of all MSO enlisted men, was paid for by donations from the House of Lords. My own unit strength was 28 Dog handlers, and two salaried office workers, the bill yearly was more than 1.5 million Deutsch Marks for just my unit. I couldn't help wondering where all the other millions came from to pay for all the other MSO units and thought about just how rich the House of Lords actually was if the informatin actuall was true.

All members of MSO were treated just like ordinary civilians; no special favours were given them such as NAAFI, tax free goodies, nothing at all, in fact, regardless of nationality or status. MSO dog handler unit was not an armed unit when I joined, nor did they become armed during my time nor after I left.
Back to top Go down
ciphers
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
ciphers

Number of posts : 978
Cap Badge : Royal Signals
Places Served : Catterick (1951) - BAOR (1952 -1954)-(Herford - Bunde - Munster) - Japan (Kure) - Korea (Pusan - Seoul) - Cyprus (Nicosia) - Suez Op (1st Guards Brigade) - UK (63 Sigs Regt TA, Southampton)
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Detmold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detmold   Detmold Icon_minitime23/11/2012, 02:33

Isn't it time one of our Moderators put the rein on our resident Agatha Christie .. the fact that he is written a book is laudable .. but Dieter enough is enough, we don't need it posted on every thread .. if you want to promote it, use a specific thread for it and give us a break.

Len (Ciphers)
BAOR 1952-54 .. when we knew why we were in Germany.
Back to top Go down
http://lenpayne.com/Len_Payne/Jim_Chapman.html
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

Detmold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detmold   Detmold Icon_minitime23/11/2012, 07:28

I was going to write my memoirs but I need to find someone who can tell me what I was doing between 1972 - 1976. drunken drunken Laughing
Back to top Go down

Detmold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detmold   Detmold Icon_minitime23/11/2012, 08:08

Quote :
Isn't it time one of our Moderators put the rein on our resident Agatha Christie .. the fact that he is written a book is laudable .. but Dieter enough is enough, we don't need it posted on every thread .. if you want to promote it, use a specific thread for it and give us a break.

Len (Ciphers)

I second that..

Quote :
I was going to write my memoirs but I need to find someone who can tell me what I was doing between 1972 - 1976.

The answer is in the post,not the one with your rooty gong.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
steve
LE Maj
LE Maj
steve

Number of posts : 1000
Cap Badge : Royal Signals + Royal Engineers
Places Served : Verden-Aller + Willich + Iserlohn + Hameln
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Detmold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detmold   Detmold Icon_minitime23/11/2012, 17:50

ciphers wrote:

Len (Ciphers)

We have a public forum and Dieter is free to promote his book
Back to top Go down
https://britisharmyingermany.com

Detmold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detmold   Detmold Icon_minitime23/11/2012, 22:40

Quote :

On every post he makes?????????????????????????

If it were in an E Mail it would be classed as SPAM..
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh

Detmold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detmold   Detmold Icon_minitime24/11/2012, 07:59

Gordon. wrote:
Quote :

On every post he makes?????????????????????????

If it were in an E Mail it would be classed as SPAM..

I agree, perhaps when Dieter has finished promoting his book he will join in with the banter and discussions?
Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Detmold 890-95

Number of posts : 939
Cap Badge : acc
Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Detmold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detmold   Detmold Icon_minitime24/11/2012, 18:24

Shelldrake wrote:
I was going to write my memoirs but I need to find someone who can tell me what I was doing between 1972 - 1976. drunken drunken Laughing

Detmold Resizedimage600262-downthepub3

A little reminder prehaps drunken drunken drunken lol!
Back to top Go down

Detmold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detmold   Detmold Icon_minitime24/11/2012, 18:46

Johnboy?????I thought you had been eating your own cooking,and had been hospitalised.. affraid
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Detmold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detmold   Detmold Icon_minitime25/11/2012, 08:13

"john boy" wrote:
Shelldrake wrote:

Detmold Resizedimage600262-downthepub3

A little reminder prehaps drunken drunken drunken lol!

Possibly!! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

Detmold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detmold   Detmold Icon_minitime25/11/2012, 16:29

Book promotion on this site has been exhausted and I know in your hearts you will forgive me. I am now talking to various newspapers and British Legion so you may come up against a mention again as these channels take up the slack.

Thanks to those who have bought the book and I hope you will enjoy reading it. I did have an e-mail today from a reader who said that she was feeling uncomfortable with reference to "Enemy Bombers". I had to reply and ask what else were those planes that bombed Hamburg.

Same for Londoners, they would call German planes enemy bombers wouldn't they?

I will be keeping in touch with the forum as it is very educational and interesting.

As I said before, thank you for saving me from the clutches of Adolf, not a pleasant thought, that empire had to be tumbled.

Back to top Go down
"john boy"
Maj Gen
Maj Gen
Detmold 890-95

Number of posts : 939
Cap Badge : acc
Places Served : aldershot/albermarle bks ouston-father LI- gib- berlin NI- lemgo- colchester- shrewsbury-tidworth left82
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Detmold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detmold   Detmold Icon_minitime25/11/2012, 19:53

Gordon. wrote:
Johnboy?????I thought you had been eating your own cooking,and had been hospitalised.. affraid

Nah not your truly just taking a bit of R&R Sleep drunken drunken lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Detmold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detmold   Detmold Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Detmold
Page 1 of 1