BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Quebec Barracks in Osnabrück
I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitimeYesterday at 19:14 by alan8376

» Trying to identify a likely lad!
I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:18 by steve

» Sennelager 1977
I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime7/5/2024, 23:15 by Spike68

» New website britisharmyingermany.com
I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime4/5/2024, 20:24 by steve

» Sheil Barracks, Verden
I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime28/4/2024, 10:29 by steve

» 5 coy and 121 coy RASC Caernarvon Barracks Dusseldorf
I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime11/4/2024, 13:02 by deandarvill

» Born in BMH Hannover, lived in Hameln
I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 18:14 by Cherylburgess

» German Soldiers.
I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime8/4/2024, 10:27 by Gozoman

» Records
I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:23 by Pborn4

» Family Research Krefeld 1955-58
I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime7/4/2024, 23:12 by Coinneach239

» Old Soldiers over 80
I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime3/4/2024, 14:41 by Chemist

» King Alfred School.Plon.
I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:13 by Pborn4

» King Alfred School (Boarding) Plön
I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime2/4/2024, 16:06 by Pborn4

» The Black Watch
I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime17/3/2024, 00:39 by Pborn4

» Help with post war Vehicle Numbering please.
I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime13/3/2024, 07:32 by Sinclair

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AndrzejM
LCpl
LCpl

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2023-11-20

I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Empty
PostSubject: I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO   I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime20/11/2023, 16:13

I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO, sister Michał, born 27/01. 1913 in Wojutycze, Sambor poviat. He was my wife's grandmother's brother. Thanks to the Arolsen Archives, I learned that after the end of World War II he stayed in Germany, arriving in Hamm on December 18, 1950. The town hall in Hamm informed me that on June 13, 1951 he reported to Fallingbostel, where he worked for the British armed forces. I know that in the 1970s he wrote to his family in Poland, but unfortunately the meeting did not take place and further contacts were lost. I am looking for information about him and his final resting place. Thank you very much in advance for your help.I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO 002_as10

alan8376 likes this post

Back to top Go down
alan8376
Brig
Brig

Number of posts : 738
Cap Badge : REME
Places Served : Carlisle AAS, Aden, Hildesheim, Bordon, Fallingbostel, Dover, NI Tours, Osnabruck, Herford, Muenster, UN Nicosia, SBA Dhekellia Cyprus x2, Waterbeach, Civi Street 1988. Retired from VOSA 2007.
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO   I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime20/11/2023, 20:20

Hi, Welcome and yes, I am familiar with the Arolsen Archives. This is where I can't help any more!

Some other team members actually have lived in Germany for many years. They will have a better idea of where to look on the German side of looking for the Michal.

Because he was sent to Fallingbostel, for me means he most likely have joined the many other Polish men who worked for the British Army as Tank Transporter drivers or similar Trades.

The name of Unit was called MSO. These men had no where to go! They were usually Stateless , they had no option, but to stay in Germany, working for the British or return to Poland and the Russian Regime. We know what that meant don't we?

Later, I'm not sure exactly! Possibly 1982?  This Army Tank Transporter was disbanded. It is possible That these men were offered alternative employment with the British Army.  Don't forget that many of these men would have been fairly old by know.

Maybe these men may have been offered of the chance to remain now in the German economy.???

I am sure soon, that my much more experienced colleagues in this area of MSO past history will be with you soon.

Here is a link for you about  MSO. I hope it will help you.  Of course your relative may have been offered  a post with another part of the British Army in BAOR.

http://www.baor-locations.org/318MT.aspx.html

http://www.baor-locations.org/16TkTptrSqn.aspx.html

http://www.baor-locations.org/617TkTptrRegt.aspx.html

Alan...

AndrzejM likes this post

Back to top Go down
alan8376
Brig
Brig

Places Served : Carlisle AAS, Aden, Hildesheim, Bordon, Fallingbostel, Dover, NI Tours, Osnabruck, Herford, Muenster, UN Nicosia, SBA Dhekellia Cyprus x2, Waterbeach, Civi Street 1988. Retired from VOSA 2007.

PostSubject: Re: I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO   I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime21/11/2023, 08:02

Your planned meeting of Michal KUZIO.  In which country was the planned meeting to happen?

Alan

I few years ago I had the telephone No of the Polish Historical Disclosures. It is still operating! I am not sure about MSO Records.

I will keep checking for a part time person, who has special working hours in the week.I know they will not release any details.  However, they will explain what data you will need to submit.

Alan

AndrzejM likes this post

Back to top Go down
AndrzejM
LCpl
LCpl

PostSubject: Re: I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO   I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime21/11/2023, 16:20

Thank you very much Alan8376. Michał Kuzio wrote to his sister in the 1970s who lived in Poland, but as far as I know, due to unpleasant circumstances and reluctant people, the contact was broken off. there was communism in Poland then. Probably Michał and his sister Katarzyna were looking for each other through the Red Cross, but I don't know exactly. I wrote to them two years ago but no response. I am looking for any information about him, I am looking for the place of his grave. I know that Michał Kuzio came to Hamm from Salzgitter in 1950. On June 13, 1951, he reported to Fallingbostel. Unfortunately, I don't know anything more.

alan8376 likes this post

Back to top Go down
alan8376
Brig
Brig

PostSubject: Re: I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO   I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime21/11/2023, 16:36

In Germany, it is very difficult to get grave information or ANYthing, you need a Lawyer!!!

I contacted the Polish Historical Disclosures. Everything is upside down! No contact except computer email. and 9 months awaiting anything you search for.

Whatever,  I need info date of Birth at the minimum.!

Can you find me on Messenger or Face Book for other info if it is needed

Alan

AndrzejM likes this post

Back to top Go down
AndrzejM
LCpl
LCpl

PostSubject: Re: I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO   I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime22/11/2023, 15:42

Thank you very much Alan. Yes, I know that there is a problem in Germany, especially since unfortunately I do not know German or English. I use a translator, so I am even more grateful for your help. Michał Kuzio was born on January 27, 1913 in Wojutycze, Sambor district, Lviv voivodeship, to his father Michał and Anna Baszak. Currently Ukraine, formerly Polish territory. In September 1939, he was captured by the Germans.

Last edited by AndrzejM on 25/11/2023, 16:10; edited 1 time in total

Pborn4 likes this post

Back to top Go down
alan8376
Brig
Brig

PostSubject: Re: I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO   I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime22/11/2023, 19:06

AndrzejM

Cancel my last request. I have found the Arolson document I need.

Thanks Alan
Back to top Go down
alan8376
Brig
Brig

PostSubject: Re: I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO   I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime25/11/2023, 13:58

Andrzej M<

Hi to keep you informed. I have spoken to a group of ex Military people in Germany who Help after the Servicemen and Servicewomen's Wreaths on Special Commemoration days.

The group live not too far from where MSO, mainly Polish were living working from 1950 - 1985.
They will walk around the graveyard to see if it is possible that Michal Kuzio is buried there.

Alan

I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Screen13I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Screen10

Last edited by alan8376 on 25/11/2023, 16:28; edited 1 time in total

AndrzejM likes this post

Back to top Go down
AndrzejM
LCpl
LCpl

PostSubject: Re: I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO   I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime25/11/2023, 16:09

Thank you very much Alan. YOU ARE GREAT. Thank you again Smile Smile Smile Andrzej
Back to top Go down
alan8376
Brig
Brig

PostSubject: Re: I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO   I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime3/12/2023, 08:32

AndrzejM,

Hi, I have not forgotten you! I am still waiting any news. The search goes on......

Regards
Alan
Back to top Go down
alan8376
Brig
Brig

PostSubject: Re: I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO   I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime14/12/2023, 14:43

AndrzejM,

Hi, of course I have not forgotten you!

My friend in Germany has been trying to seek out for you where Michal could be buried, if he died in Germany.
In Germany they do not have central Death Register ("Sterberegister"). So unless you can find where
Michal was living, then searching a death register might be easy??

See my friend's email below.

Hi Alan,
i did a little research now. There seems to exist a german "Sterberegister". But i couldnt find out where to get access to it. one problem is, that the data is conserved in the local "Standesämter". so there is no central database. i found this Website, which maybe could helb a little: https://suche-nach-personen.de/
The other way could be to asked directly in the "Standesämter" from the regions where he possibly died...
At the weekend i make another try to find something out for you.
Regards Simon.

My friend has suggested you try the link that he found
https://suche-nach-personen.de/
 (They claim a 98% success rate.)  (English or German text).

There are fees of possible Euro 60- 85

Fee & Services
Base fee 39,80 €
For database searches and investigations
Success fee 19,80 €
Only applies if we can find a new address, otherwise refunded
Registration office archive search 24,80 €
The registration office request will only be performed if the person sought is already available from other means (Moving databases, etc) could be determined

I hope you understand the various terminology they are using.
I don't know if they search ALL the Standesämter in Germany. if Yes!  Then the Euro payment is worth it.

You have a good library of data listing who lived where and the Family names.
Regards
Alan
Back to top Go down
alan8376
Brig
Brig

PostSubject: Re: I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO   I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime15/12/2023, 08:49

AndrzejM

I received today mail from  TINA and the Search Team.

The Team in Fallingbostel Area have asked the Town of Fallingbostel to check the 'Burial Register' for an entry for Michal KUZIO.
Alan

PS. Do you have a document which refers to FALLINGBOSTEL.
If Yes! Please send it to my address please.
Alan

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good morning Alan,

We still on the case.
Have a nice day Tina
Sehr geehrte Frau Samuels,

ich möchte Sie vorab einmal informieren das ich noch keine Information über die gesuchte Person finden konnte.
Eine Möglichkeit möchte ich noch ausprobieren, was aber noch etwas dauern wird.
Ich melde mich umgehend, wenn ich Informationen für Sie habe.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Im Auftrag

Oliver Pindzig

Friedhofsverwaltung
Kirchplatz 9b
29683 Bad Fallingbostel

AndrzejM likes this post

Back to top Go down
AndrzejM
LCpl
LCpl

PostSubject: Re: I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO   I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime17/12/2023, 13:03

Good morning Alan,

Thank you very much for your great commitment. From what I have already determined with the help of officials in Fallingbostel, it is...
in the lists of names in the death registers kept there, it was not possible to determine personal data regarding the death of Mr. Kuzia in the years 1951 to the present day. The lists of names of the civil registry offices Dorfmark, now Bad Fallingbostel and Fallingbostel, now Bad Fallingbostel, were reviewed. With no effect. I don't know. I suspect that he may have moved outside of Germany. I don't know, these are my guesses. He certainly did not return to Poland. Best regards, Andrzej
Back to top Go down
alan8376
Brig
Brig

PostSubject: Re: I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO   I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime16/1/2024, 07:01

Morning AndrzejM,

This note is to inform you that Tina, who is investigating Michal KUZIO for you, are trying a 'new search method' which I don't understand!!!  

We have not forgotten you!

I will leave them to continue their work.

I wish you and your family all the best for 2024.

Alan
Back to top Go down
AndrzejM
LCpl
LCpl

PostSubject: Re: I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO   I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime16/1/2024, 15:39

Alan, thank you very much for your wishes 😊 and I also wish you and your family nothing but prosperity and the fulfillment of your deepest dreams in 2024. Thank you for the information regarding Michał Kuzio. 😊 😊 😊
Back to top Go down
AndrzejM
LCpl
LCpl

PostSubject: Re: I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO   I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime16/1/2024, 15:40

Alan, thank you very much for your wishes 😊 and I also wish you and your family nothing but prosperity and the fulfillment of your deepest dreams in 2024. Thank you for the information regarding Michał Kuzio. 😊 😊 😊
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO   I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am looking for information about Michał KUZIO
Page 1 of 1