BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations

www.baor-locations.org

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Soldiers Pensions
Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/9/2024, 00:09 by Pborn4

» RAPA, Bad Lippspringer
Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/9/2024, 08:33 by Dee Z

» Polish Air Force
Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/9/2024, 22:51 by Pborn4

» NAAFI to be closed
Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/9/2024, 19:07 by Pborn4

» History of the Garrison and Brits in Westfalen (Impacts)
Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime25/8/2024, 15:51 by Rocky

» Have you heard of a place called SCHMIEDE?
Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime23/8/2024, 20:08 by Pborn4

» Long shot Hildesheim 1964
Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime22/8/2024, 04:49 by Kevin1964

» New BAOR-locations website - 25 May 2024
Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2024, 11:17 by steve

» Units at Roberts Barracks
Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime20/8/2024, 10:12 by garrymac

» R.A.F. Eindhoven - 1953
Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime16/8/2024, 13:59 by alan8376

» Munster Guard?
Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/8/2024, 16:02 by Goonluvingypsy

» Curry Wurst
Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/8/2024, 08:18 by alan8376

» BFG petrol coupons
Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/8/2024, 23:28 by Pborn4

» Munster mysters and memory failure
Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/8/2024, 08:38 by steve

» Bad Harzburg
Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/7/2024, 19:42 by JGW

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 30 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 30 Guests :: 3 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 223 on 22/1/2021, 18:16
September 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Words fail me . . .

Go down 
+8
"john boy"
mjm34
Stephen Lock
Teabag
jerry
reg
ciphers
brum
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words fail me . . .   Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/8/2011, 08:34

The civil rights lawyers will have a field day when this is over.. Sad
Back to top Go down
Shelldrake
FM
FM
Shelldrake

Number of posts : 3048
Cap Badge : Royal Artillery
Places Served : Troon, Lippstadt, Devizes, NI, Paderborn, Dortmund, Colchester, Belize, Canada, Cyprus, Gutersloh
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Words fail me . . .   Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/8/2011, 10:00

Just kids having a bit of fun, we were all like that when we were younger. Kids, eh? affraid
Back to top Go down
brum
FM
FM

Number of posts : 2808
Cap Badge : RA/QOH
Places Served : JLRRA (Hereford) Nienburg Paderborn Colchester Munster Maresfield (Cyprus) Hohne Hemer Op Banner x4 Woolwich
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Words fail me . . .   Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/8/2011, 10:45

[quote="Stephen Lock"]Speaking of revolutions....what the hell is going on in Tottingham???

That reminds me of a famous quote from a Robin Hood movie.

Says Liam Neeson to Morgan Freeman as they land on the Kent coast, (In his best medieval American English).

"Tonight we dine with my father in Tottingham" !
Back to top Go down
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Number of posts : 784
Cap Badge : RA (ns) RA, R.Sigs, RE ( TAVR)
Places Served : Oswestry, Tonfanau, Woolwich, Osnabruck, MT School Bordon, Bulford, Manorbier, Hameln, R.Sigs Blandford, RSME Chattenden, Western Highlands.
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Words fail me . . .   Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/8/2011, 12:16

brum wrote:

"Tonight we dine with my father in Tottingham" !

That Midlands city which hi-jacked Robin & his lads from 30 miles further North,
was always renowned for its good looking Totty, so maybe Liam Neeson wasn't so wrong. There again , maybe it was another ploy by the citizens to lure the tourist trade from more interesting localities.........
Back to top Go down
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

Places Served : Oswestry, Tonfanau, Woolwich, Osnabruck, MT School Bordon, Bulford, Manorbier, Hameln, R.Sigs Blandford, RSME Chattenden, Western Highlands.

PostSubject: Re: Words fail me . . .   Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/8/2011, 16:11

Without condoning their methods, it's granted that the Tottenham lot might have had a point when one of their associates was shot, but isn't it likely that the urge for the mob of hangers-on to have a bit of fun by breaking into shops, nicking stuff and torching surplus goods wouldn't have spread northwards if the TV coverage had been more restrained ?

OK........ Free speech & being able to spread the news are recognized as being desirable factors in a society which prides itself on being democratic. But so is social responsibility and, when moral discipline is lacking, there's case for some restriction on reporting.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Words fail me . . .   Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/8/2011, 19:42

Fair enough Cartav.but with the speed it spread and half the government out of the country and the other half keeping a low profile,who was going to autherise it?.
Back to top Go down
cartav
Maj Gen
Maj Gen

PostSubject: Re: Words fail me . . .   Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/8/2011, 21:05

Take your point Gordon, but I was thinking of more general, legal measures, not just something for a one off situation. Difficult I know with the screams about Yuman Rights & the Right to Know that would be heard, and I bet the media moguls rub their hands when there's a disaster........... the prospect of selling the footage world wide of some poor sod having his head kicked in, or a family being ruined & tearful, when their means of living go up in smoke, must bring in a shekel or two.

I despise all those photographers that lie in wait for someone they have built up as a"celebrity", hoping for a pic that will bring in another payday. And the popularity of mags such as "Hello" makes me fear for the intelligence of the readers........mumble, mumble, mumble.

Grumpy old codger? Yeah, sure ! But there's one bonus this week. All the rioting has given us a break from more & more excited prattle about the Olympics. It's going to be a long year!

Sorry to be serious, it's out of character, I know !
Back to top Go down
mjm34
Maj
Maj
mjm34

Number of posts : 262
Cap Badge : R.Signals
Places Served : BAOR, UK, Mid East, Far East, Cent America
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Words fail me . . .   Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/8/2011, 21:50

cartav wrote:

Without condoning their methods, it's granted that the Tottenham lot might have had a point when one of their associates was shot, but isn't it likely that the urge for the mob of hangers-on to have a bit of fun by breaking into shops, nicking stuff and torching surplus goods wouldn't have spread northwards if the TV coverage had been more restrained ?

OK........ Free speech & being able to spread the news are recognized as being desirable factors in a society which prides itself on being democratic. But so is social responsibility and, when moral discipline is lacking, there's case for some restriction on reporting.

It's not only the "Meedja" coverage that's to blame for the mayhem spreading to other locations. Seems like the so-called social networking sites and the Blackberry network amongst others have been used by the hooligan element to spread the word to other criminals to use as an excuse for rioting and looting
Back to top Go down
rucjock21
Maj
Maj
rucjock21

Number of posts : 279
Cap Badge : The Jocks
Places Served : Everywhere.
Registration date : 2012-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Words fail me . . .   Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime26/9/2012, 21:15

cheers Signed on the dotted line folks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Words fail me . . .   Words fail me . . . - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Words fail me . . .
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BFG/BAOR/RAFG Locations :: Kit and Equipment-
Jump to: